Welcome everyone to the very first Your Best Weekly!
I am so looking forward to seeing all the things you have created & I will feature some of my favorites here each week.
Looking for Easy Family Dinner Ideas? With the Pro Bowl behind us & my FAVORITE team- 49ers going to the Super Bowl this year- my mind is on football 24/7. I am a HUGE football fan & it’s not uncommon for the neighbors to hear me hollering at the TV on game day- I’m very passionate about my football. I have to tell you though- I am not just a bandwagon fan here. I have loved the ‘9ers since I was a little girl. They are the team I have always followed. THEN when we moved to Nevada 13 years ago we became Nevada Wolf Pack fans. (just because we now live in ID has not changed that) We watched Colin Kaepernick since the day he walked on the Mackey Stadium field. He gave me the best birthday I have ever had in 2010 by beating the mighty Boise Broncos (who happen to be our second fav college team) in a game that is still talked about to this day. When he was drafted by our favorite team- we were ECSTATIC Watching him excel & succeed here & taking our team to the Super Bowl this year- yea, we are on Cloud 9. It’s been amazing.
So in honor of the big game this weekend I want to share with you these- that we will definitely be making on Sunday.
Garlic BBQ Smokies ~ Game Day Snacks
- 2 packages Smokies
- 1 large bottle BBQ Sauce we use Sweet Baby Rays
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 can beer
- 1 tbsp minced onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce or Yoshi sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 stick butter
- Salt Pepper, Season Salt
- Add all ingredients into slow-cooker
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper & season salt to your liking.
- Simmer on low for 2 hours- stirring occasionally.
- Turn off & let sit for 15 minutes before serving to thicken sauce.
- Great reheated & will keep for several days refrigerated in air-tight container.