Oh you guys…..you know how I’m all about the toppings & dips?! I have said it before & I’ll say it again- more is more for me when it comes to desserts, treats & all things yummy. I like creating a masterpiece when it comes to what I put on my plate or in my bowl. You should see me when I go to the frozen yogurt place – so many choices & my bowl is overflowing with all the toppings. I typically go for the standard hot fudge, marshmallow cream or caramel when it comes to what I’m going to drizzle. Buuuut – then I had this craving for something berry. I couldn’t decide which berry I really wanted – so I came up with this Triple Berry Sauce that hit the spot perfectly.
I put blueberries, blackberries & strawberries in there – YUM, YUM YUM!!
This works great for more than just a topping though. Add it to a smoothie, add it to your pancakes or waffles, dip something tasty in there. I’m telling ya’ – it’s all good.
Triple Berry Sauce
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Combine all the berries in a blender or food processor & puree
- Press through a fine sieve into a medium size saucepan - toss the seeds
- Stir in lime juice & sugar
- Heat over medium/high heat & bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium & cook about 5 minutes - stirring frequently
- Reduce heat to low & continue cooking about 8 minutes. Stir frequently through this process
- When done it will be reduced by about half & the color will be bright & vivid
- Cool to room temperature before transferring to jars.
- Store in refrigerator
Want some ideas for what to put it on? Try these!
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]