Oh you guys…..you know how I’m all about the toppings & dips?! I have said it before & I’ll say it again- more is more for me when it comes to desserts, treats & all things yummy. I like creating a masterpiece when it comes to what I put on my plate or in my bowl. You should see me when I go to the frozen yogurt place – so many choices & my bowl is overflowing with all the toppings. I typically go for the standard hot fudge, marshmallow cream or caramel when it comes to what I’m going to drizzle. Buuuut – then I had this craving for something berry. I couldn’t decide which berry I really wanted – so I came up with this Triple Berry Sauce that hit the spot perfectly.
I put blueberries, blackberries & strawberries in there – YUM, YUM YUM!!
This works great for more than just a topping though. Add it to a smoothie, add it to your pancakes or waffles, dip something tasty in there. I’m telling ya’ – it’s all good.
Triple Berry Sauce
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Combine all the berries in a blender or food processor & puree
- Press through a fine sieve into a medium size saucepan - toss the seeds
- Stir in lime juice & sugar
- Heat over medium/high heat & bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium & cook about 5 minutes - stirring frequently
- Reduce heat to low & continue cooking about 8 minutes. Stir frequently through this process
- When done it will be reduced by about half & the color will be bright & vivid
- Cool to room temperature before transferring to jars.
- Store in refrigerator
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want some ideas for what to put it on? Try these!
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]