If you’re a whiskey lover you’re going to fall head over heels for this recipe for Three Wise Men Shots. Perhaps literally, if you have too many!
This drink recipe combines three popular whiskeys into one simple shot that you can easily whip up during party-time. You can choose to garnish it with a variety of citrus fruits or their peels or you can just make it and down it — and then make it again.
Whether you’re hosting a huge party or you’re just having a few couples over for game night, this shot is bound to get the party started.
Common Questions about Three Wise Men Shots
What shots are in the three wise men?
Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker, and Jack Daniel’s are the liquors to use in this shot.
How many shots are in a 5th?
About 15 shots are in a 5th, so if you buy your bottles in that size you’ll know exactly how much you need for your party.
You likely won’t need to store this drink, but if you do it can stay safe at room temperature.
Refrigerator: You can make these ahead and refrigerate if you want them chilled — just make sure to stir well before serving.
The types of whiskeys needed for this should be easy to find, even in small formats, at the spot where you typically buy liquor.
- Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
- Johnny Walker (red label)
- Jack Daniels
- Orange slices, orange peels, lemon slices, or maraschino cherries (optional garnish)
Kitchen Supplies You’ll Need for a Three Wisemen Shot
Only a few simple supplies are needed for this easy three wise men shooter.
- Cocktail shaker or measuring cup
- Spoon (if using a measuring cup)
- Shot glasses
How to Make this Three Wise Men Shot
It couldn’t be easier to shake or stir up these shots.
- Add all ingredients to a shaker or a large measuring cup.
- Shake the shaker or use a spoon to stir the liquors together until completely combined.
- Pour the liquor into each shot glass and garnish as desired.
Why You Should Make Three Wise Men Shots
These shots are the perfect way to get the party started.
- Easy – You can shake or stir these up in no time.
- Affordable – They don’t call for any type of expensive liquor.
- Customizable – You can jazz up these drinks any way you choose.
Variations and Add-ins
You can make this your own signature shot — get creative!
- Liquor – Add other liquors or liqueurs to change up the flavor profile. Jose Cuervo is a great addition and Skrewball will add interesting peanut butter flavor.
- Ice – Shake it with ice for a chilled shot or serve it over ice as a cocktail.
- Citrus – In addition to the garnish, add a splash of citrus to the shaker for a tangy flavor. Try lemon juice or lime juice.
- Spices – Add some spices to make it seasonal.
- Carbonation – Add some energy and fizz by topping it with a soda or energy drink. Try Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or Red Bull.
If you love this Three Wise Men Shots recipe, you’re going to love these other fun drinks too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Other Fun Drinks
If you love this recipe for Three Wise Men Shots as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH TASTE OF THE FRONTIER!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Three Wise Men Shots
- 3 ounces Jim Beam bourbon American brand of bourbon whiskey
- 3 ounces Johnny Walker red label scotch whiskey blended scotch whiskey
- 3 ounces Jack Daniels whiskey Tennessee whiskey
orange slices, orange peels, lemon slices, or maraschino cherries (optional garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker or measuring cup.
- Gently shake or stir to combine.
- Pour into shot glasses and top with a lemon wedge, orange peel/wedge, or maraschino cherry if desired.
- If desired, you can measure each ingredient into the shot glasses directly. I like them to be better mixed than this, so I combine it in a separate container first.
- If shaking, don’t shake hard. Be gentle.
- Garnishes aren’t necessary, but I really like the taste of the cherry or citrus addition on or in the glass. Just adds another aspect to the flavor profile and breaks up the strength of the whiskey just a bit. Not a lot, but enough.
- These shots are strong, so beware. They hit hard and fast.
- You can shake it with ice if preferred, but this is solely a preference and up to you on whether it’s chilled or not.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Share Your Thoughts