Easy family dinner ideas just got a little more delicious with this Skillet Lasagna. It’s an all in one skillet dinner that you will make again & again.
Have you made one pan dinner recipes before? We sort of jumped in to it when the hubs was home with me more back in the summer. It was great because he would work for a while & then make dinner around lunch time. I could stay up here working in the studio while he cooked & I could break for a few minutes to enjoy a DELICIOUS meal. (Not before photographing it of course.) Sometimes the smell would be too much & I would wander down to the kitchen & find myself helping with chopping & other prep. I love cooking with the hubs, it’s sort of our thing we do together. So especially now that he’s away for work so often, it’s good when we can find time to cook & make AMAZING dishes like this one. It doesn’t have be complicated to be insanely good!
I love that simple recipes like one skillet dinners are great year round. They make for some hearty comfort food in the cold winter months & easy no-oven dishes in the summer when it’s just too hot to cook anything big. They really are so versatile & EASY, did I mention easy? We’re talking 30 minutes for most recipes. Really – 30 minute meals are where it’s at.
If you love lasagna – this definitely simplifies it for a quick dinner option.
We like to pair this with my easy garlic toast – perfection!
If you love easy, simple & OH SO GOOD – this will be your new favorite dinner!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas like this Skillet Lasagna?
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder - divided
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 12 oz bow-tie pasta- uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine ground beef, 1 tsp of the garlic powder & onion powder in a large skillet & brown over medium heat
- Once fully cooked - drain excess fat
- Return to the stove & add in the pasta sauce, uncooked pasta & water
- Stir & bring to a boil, reduce heat to low & cover
- Simmer over low for about 17-20 or until pasta is fully cooked
- In the meantime, in a medium bowl combine ricotta, egg, spinach, basil, Parmesan cheese, flour, remaining garlic powder, salt & pepper & mix to combine
- Scoop large dollops of the cheese mixture on top of the cooked pasta while still in the skillet
- Cover & cook an additional 5 minutes to set the cheese
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
One-Pan Spring Tuscan Quinoa Bake from Half Baked Harvest
One Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans from Little Spice Jar