If you love salted caramel & crunchy pretzels paired with rich & creamy chocolate, then these Salted Caramel Pretzel Bars will be your new favorite treat. Not only are they easy to make, they are rich, decadent & over the top delicious.
Do you love salted caramel? How about when it is paired with crunchy pretzels & chocolate? Do I have your attention now? My girls & I were wanting to create something over the top delicious for our 4th of July celebration this year. We thought if we layered chocolate, pretzels & caramel into an insanely rich & delicious bar recipe it would definitely be pretty amazing. Topped with some red, white & blue M&M’s for the holiday & the result was these Salted Caramel Pretzel Bars that we can’t get enough of.
My friends, I have to warn you. These Salted Caramel Pretzel Bars are dangerous. They are so easy to make & crazy good. That is a bad combo in this house & I’m sure it is in your house too. That salty sweet combo is irresistible.
Dessert Bars Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
To make these it is as simple as layering. Just melt your milk chocolate & spread it out on the parchment paper. Then top with pretzels. Drizzle the melted caramel over the top & sprinkle on the M&M’s & a little bit of sea salt. If you want this to be thinner & more like a bark than a bar – you can stop there & chill for a bit to firm up before serving.
But we knew we wanted a thick bar when we started this recipe, so we repeated the process a second time to get a nice thick, gooey bar of deliciousness. Completely optional but I don’t regret it one bit. These are AH-MAZ-ING!
Common questions we get about these bars…
How long do these need to chill?
Typically 3-4 hours in the freezer is enough to make sure they are ready for cutting. You don’t want them to fall apart when people are trying to enjoy them.
What if I don’t have candy melts? Can I use chocolate chips?
Yes, you can definitely do that. Just use about 1/4 cup more chocolate chips as you would candy melts to make up for the size difference.
Can I use pretzel sticks instead of twists?
Of course – they taste the same. You just might need more of them to cover the same area as you would when using the twists.
How long will these keep?
If you store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator you should be able to enjoy them for about a week. We have never had a batch last longer than a couple days for our family of 5, so we haven’t tried them when any older than that.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Bars
For this recipe you will need…
- White & Milk Chocolate Candy Melts
- Pretzel Twists
- Caramel Squares
- Coconut Oil
- Patriotic M&M’s
- Coarse Sea Salt
If you swoon for salted caramel pairied with chocolate, these will be your new favorite treat!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more great treats?
Salted Caramel Pretzel Bars
- 3 cups Milk Chocolate Candy Melts divided
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 bag Pretzel Twists
- 40 Caramel Squares divided
- 4 tbsp water divided
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Coconut Oil divided
- 2 cups Patriotic M&M’s divided
- 2 tsp Coarse Sea Salt divided
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine 1-1/2 cups of the milk chocolate candy melts with 1 tbsp of the coconut oil & melt in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals - stirring in between each interval.
- Once melted, spread out into an even layer on the parchment paper
- Immediately top with pretzels
- Combine 1/2 of the caramels with 2 tbsp of water in a large measuring cup & microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until melted.
- Pour over the top of the chocolate/pretzel layers
- Sprinkle 1/2 the M&M's & sea salt on top
- Repeat all the steps & then melt the white chocolate & remaining coconut oil in a small bowl & drizzle over the top of your creation.
- Refrigerate or freeze for several hours or until hardened
- Cut into bars & enjoy!