YAY! I’m so excited! Today I have joined up with 110 bloggers (yes I said 110) to bring you the ULTIMATE RED, WHITE & BLUE Round-Up!! You know how I just LOVE all things Red, White & Blue, so I was beyond thrilled to get the chance to join in this SUPER FUN event. I love Yummy Bar Recipes!
I was brainstorming what I would make – so many wonderful ideas popped into my head. I have been crafting & creating things to bring more Americana decor into our new home later this month. So I was really tempted to share one of those things with you today. But then my son suggested I make a twist on my wildly popular Blueberry Pie Bars. Because they are such a summer treat- I took his advice & created these Red White & Blueberry Pie Bars. AMAZING!
I really didn’t think that my Blueberry Pie Bars could be beat. But these certainly did that.
So we have blueberries, raspberries & white chocolate drizzle over each individual bar. YUM, YUM, YUM!
You better make 2 batches because these won’t last long at your summer parties.
Red White & Blueberry Pie Bars
Crust & Topping
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter cubed (1 & 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- pinch salt
- White Chocolate melting chocolates
- Grease 9x13 glass baking dish- set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add flour, sugar, salt & cubed butter to mixing bowl, beat until combined & crumbly.
- Take 1 cup of mixture & set aside. Take remaining mixture & firmly press into your baking dish, covering the bottom. Bake 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking- whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, sour cream, flour & salt.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Set aside.
- When crust is ready - remove from oven & add filling. Gently spooning over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture you had set aside.
- Bake 45 minutes -1 hour or until top is lightly browned.
- If the bottom is getting too brown you can remove & broil the top for a couple minutes to brown it up.
- Cool before cutting.
- Once cut- melt your white chocolate melting chocolates & drizzle over the top
- Store in airtight container
Want the original Blueberry Pie Bars?
With 4th if July coming up you don’t miss my tutorial on How to Photograph Fireworks!
For more Inspiration- Check out our Group Pinterest Board
AND….. Don’t forget all these other Red, White & Blue Ideas created by some of my favorite bloggers!!
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]