Do I have a treat for you today! A couple days ago when I made the Pumpkin Spice Syrup that I shared on Wednesday – I knew I wanted to do more with it than just put it on my pancakes. So I came up with the idea to use it to experiment with making candied nuts. I had just picked up a huge bag of walnuts at Costco for some banana bread & so I figured it would be tasty to give it a try with them. I was so thrilled with the result & the whole family LOVES them. They will definitely make the perfect little gift for the neighbors as the season progresses.
They are the perfect blend of salty & sweet. Add that to the familiar fall flavors of pumpkin & spices- YUM
You will LOVE these – especially when they are fresh & warm. The family had them gone in no time.
Pumpkin Spice Candied Walnuts
- 4 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 6 tbsp Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Lay walnuts on baking sheet & warm in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Remove & set aside.
- Mix sugar & salt in small bowl & set aside.
- Stir syrup, water & olive oil together in 2 qt saucepan - bring to a boil
- Add walnuts & stir until nuts are coated
- Continue to cook & boil until the nuts have absorbed all the liquid- about 5 minutes
- Transfer to large bowl & add sugar/salt mixture - toss to coat
- Pour out on parchment lined baking sheet & sprinkle with additional sea salt if desired.
- Allow to cool & set before transfering to airtight container.
- Store at room temperature
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE