If you are a lover of salty & sweet then this Potato Chip Bark is your perfect easy dessert recipe. Chocolate & potato chips make a tasty treat. I’m telling you- bark recipes top the easy list. But then adding salty potato chips makes it over the top delicious too. Creamy sweet chocolate & crunchy, salty potato chips is heavenly!
Potato Chip Bark
Do you love salty sweet combinations? They seem to be ever so popular, which is why brands like Snickers so do well. We love that combination- which is probably why I can’t seem to get enough salted caramel these days. But today I’m not talking caramel. Nope- today I’m sharing the latest chocolate obsession here in this house- Potato Chip Bark. The idea came to me one day when I saw chocolate covered potato chips. I had been wanting to make some for a long time, but it just seems so labor intensive to dip each individual chip. So I came up with a better solution. Just sprinkle them on top of the chocolate. You still get the crunch of the chip, it’s incredibly delicious & a huge time saver too. Win Win! I especially love just how quickly I can make this AND it’s a great use for all those tiny chip pieces in the bottom of the bag that are virtually un-dippable. That makes me happy because I hate wasting things. So I usually give those tiny pieces to the kids. But now I can give them these instead.
Honestly – I can’t even express just how amazing this is. WOW – I can’t wait to make this for our next potluck. I know it will be gone before I can walk across the room.
Potato Chip Bark
- 2-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1-1/2 cups salted potato chips
- 1-2 tsp coarse sea salt or sea salt flakes
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment - set aside
- In a medium bowl combine semi-sweet chocolate & shortening
- Place over a small pot filled half way with water (this works as your double boiler)
- Heat over medium - stirring your chocolate until melted completely
- Once melted & smooth - immediately pour onto prepared parchment lined baking sheet & smooth out flat
- Sprinkle on your potato chips & sea salt
- Place in refrigerator for several hours to harden
- Once firm- use a butter knife & press into the bark to break apart
- Store in an airtight container
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you love that wonderful salty/sweet combo- this is the perfect easy treat for you!
This post is part of the Ultimate Recipe Challenge
Check out all the awesome potato ideas below!!!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more of my favorite treats?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE