Looking for the best chocolate chip cookies? Look no further. These Patriotic Chocolate Chip Cookies are no-chill & one of the best cookie recipes ever!
Patriotic Chocolate Chip Cookies
By far the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I love the patriotic colors of red, white & blue. I love our flag, I love decorating for the holiday & now that the hubs is not on call or working the holiday for only the 2nd time in 20 years, I love our time together as a family. It could be because I’m a bicentennial baby- so I automatically have a deeper tie to the national birthday. I’m not sure what it is, but I just love it so much. So I was super excited when I started seeing these patriotic M&M’s in the stores. Of course I picked up a few bags, I just couldn’t help myself. I knew immediately that I would make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I never gave it a second thought that I would do anything other than my tried & true, best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Until I came across this recipe from my friend Karly.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You see, if you read Karly’s post, she talks about how she doesn’t like to wait for the chill period when it comes to the perfect cookie recipe. I have to say, I completely agree with her. When I’m craving a cookie, I really want it that day. I don’t want to be tempted with the dough & then have to hope that I’ll have time the next day to finish them up. Life can get a little nutty & even when I have the best intentions, things happen. Fortunately, my “go-to” recipe can keep for a couple days in the fridge. They are 100 % worth the wait. However- that didn’t stop me from making Karly’s recipe & making my own tweaks. You see, I had never made browned butter cookies before- so to me, the variety alone was worth it. I’m so very glad I did.
Patriotic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder or fine ground coffee
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Patriotic M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan & cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and browned
- (butter will foam & bubble as it cooks)
- Once the butter is golden brown remove from the heat
- Transfer browned butter to mixer bowl & let cool for several minutes
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, & espresso powder to the butter and beat until well combined
- Beat in vanilla & eggs until just combined
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined
- Stir in both varieties of chocolate chips slowly
- Stir in 1/2 the M&M's - reserving the remaining candies for topping the cookies after baking
- Portion tablespoon sized balls of dough and place on a large baking sheet
- Bake for 11-12 minutes
- Cookies will still be slightly underdone when you remove them from the oven. Do not overbake. Let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack or eating.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
These are the perfect, soft, chewy, patriotic cookie recipe for all your celebrations!
Looking for more of my favorite 4th of July ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE