This post was sponsored on behalf of Sequoia Grove via One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
Grilled chicken, broccoli & tortellini in a creamy garlic cheese sauce makes this Grilled Chicken Broccoli Tortellini a delicious easy family dinner idea. So good & oh so simple. Perfect for dining al fresco.
Grilled Chicken Broccoli Tortellini
This time of year just makes me so happy. Being able to spend quality family time out in the yard with those I love the most, while enjoying dinner just makes my heart full of joy. Over the weekend, we took advantage of the weather & spent most of our time in our backyard. It was sunny, warm & absolutely lovely. We, of course, made some delicious food & the hubs & I cracked open a bottle of wine to add to our meal. (the kids, of course, had tea) It was a wonderful way to spend some time together. We talked about our week & just soaked up some good company.
We decided on 2 great bottles of Sequoia Grove wine. The Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. Both excellent choices in my opinion. I happen to love them because they are from the heart of Napa Valley. Being born a California girl, products that come from that area are dear to my heart. You know that Napa Valley produces some of the finest wines in the world. That means a lot to me, knowing that about a place in my home state.
Since we were having the chardonnay, we decided to grill some chicken & make a great pasta dish with a creamy garlic cheese sauce. Let me tell you, it was absolutely scrumptious.
Sequoia Grove is “a hidden gem amongst the giants.” Their tasting room is nestled into one of the last remaining groves of the majestic Sequoia sempervirens in Napa Valley, inside a barn with more than a century of history in Rutherford. Outside, the Sequoia Grove Estate Vineyard with its 18 acres of vines, surrounds the property. Doesn’t that sound magical? I can’t wait to go visit one day.
Just look at that dish. Oh my! We added a side salad & a fresh loaf of crusty bread. I can’t express just how much I loved this.
It really was a spectacular day. The family together over good food & drink was perfect.
Grilled Chicken Broccoli Tortellini
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 2 pkgs refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups half & half
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- salt & pepper to taste
- Added parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees
- Grill chicken until fully cooked throughout & juices run clear
- Cut chicken into slices & add to drained pasta
- Cook pasta over med-high heat to directions - add olive oil to water when cooking your noodles
- Remove pasta from heat & drain
- Add pasta back to pot
- While the pasta is cooking - make your sauce
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together half & half with flour until flour is dissolved
- Cook over med-high heat until mixture is bubbling & thick (approx 4 min)
- Slowly whisk in garlic, cheeses, salt & pepper - continuing to stir
- Cook on low 3-5 minutes - remove from heat
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil over med-high heat
- Once boiling, add your broccoli & allow to blanch 2-3 minutes or until tender
- Remove & add to chicken & noodles
- Add cream sauce to chicken, broccoli & pasta & stir gently to coat
This Sequoia Grove Chardonnay was the perfect compliment to this amazing grilled chicken broccoli tortellini.
Be sure to check out Sequoia Grove for more info!
Looking for more of our favorite easy family dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE