For an easy slow cooker dinner, as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias®
I made this New England Dip Sandwich using Kraft Recipe Makers for my family.
As most of you know- things here have been absolutely nutty. Between having company this past week, working on product photography sets for a client & some really special family portraits for a friend, the projects I am trying to get put together for the holidays & then pumping 60-70 hours a week into the blog- I need the days to be longer. But since I can’t make that happen, I have to do what I can to make everything else around here happen quickly & efficiently. So finding things to make dinner tonight simple & easy is a top priority. The hubs works 60+ hours a week himself- so asking him to come home & cook too would be just plain mean. We reserve a lot of our time consuming meals to our days off & have found some quick family meals that work for us on the super busy days. When I was asked to try the new Kraft Recipe Makers– I was all for it. But we always like to do things differently. Even if we are using a semi-ready made meals recipe we like to make it our own. So we came up with…
We shopped for it as a family – which was nice because we rarely do the market as a group.
Look how cute the munchkin is watching the hubs pick out the meat.
For the pot roast.
Just place the meat in- top with the veggies & then the simmer sauce & seasonings.
Cook on high 6-8 hours. Add the finishing sauce at the end.
Prep your bread with butter, garlic powder & Parmesan cheese & broil. Then add your pot roast.
Don’t forget your bowl of sauce to dip in.
New England Dip Sandwich
- 2 boxes Kraft Recipe Makers - New England Pot Roast Flavor
- 1 bag small red potatoes - sliced into rounds
- 1 small bag mini carrots
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 3 tbsp minced onions
- 2 tbsp season salt
- 1-2 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 stadium style buns
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Place chuck roast in the bottom of slow cooker
- Place sliced potatoes on top of meat
- add in bottle of Kraft Recipe Makers seasoning sauce
- Add minced onions, season salt, minced garlic & salt & pepper.
- Cover & cook 6-8 hours on high
- During the last 20 minutes- add contents of Kraft Recipe Makers flavor pouch - stir in.
- Continue to cook on high remaining 20 min.
- While you are waiting- pre-heat broiler to high & place your stadium buns open on baking sheet
- Melt butter in microwave 30 seconds
- Brush butter on to the insides of the stadium buns to coat
- Sprinkle on garlic powder & then Parmesan cheese
- Broil until golden & toasty. Set aside.
- Turn off slow cooker & remove lid
- Using 2 forks- start pulling the meat apart into bite sized pieces
- Using a slotted spoon- add meat & potatoes to bun
- Add mini carrots on the side
- Ladle out a little bit of the juice from the slow cooker into a small bowl for dipping your sandwich
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
This worked out great for me. I was able to get it prepped in just a few minutes & then it was ready by the time the hubs came home. The prep for the buns was simple & so the whole meal came together quick & easy. Very little clean up too- which always makes me happy. So nice to be able to have a hearty, hot meal- even if we are short on time.
Connect with Kraft via Facebook:
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE