Okay – I know I am not the first person to make strawberry shortcake. It’s pretty easy & I know this is nothing revolutionary. However- sometimes it’s all about the presentation. We picked up several containers of strawberries & then it popped in my head- make a jumbo Layered Strawberry Shortcake. Angel food cake is on the top of my favorites list. I think it’s because I have never made one from scratch before. It’s on my bucket list- maybe this summer. Stay tuned to see if I actually make an attempt sometime soon. So anyhow- because I have never made my own – I picked up one from the bakery instead. So that made this little treat even easier to throw together in no time. I love the layers of whip cream & strawberries popping out between the golden color of the cake. I’m very visual when it comes to my food- which is why this particular way to make strawberry shortcake grabs my attention.
So simple to make- I even went with a store bought angel food cake for this one.
Layered Strawberry Shortcake
- 1- 2 pound container fresh strawberries - washed hulled & sliced
- 1 - large tub whip topping- partially thawed
- 1 - ready-made angel food cake
- Set your whip topping on the counter to thaw while you prepare your strawberries
- Prepare strawberries - set aside to dry a bit before assembling your cake
- Place your cake on serving plate & slice in 3 even layers
- Remove top 2 layers - set aside
- Spread spoonfuls of whip topping on bottom layer- top with slices of strawberries
- Add second & third layers & repeat with whip topping & strawberries for each.
- Place in freezer to keep it from melting & sliding apart until you are ready to serve
- OR serve immediately
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
I told you it was oh so simple.
Want More Easy Cake Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE