Okay – I know I am not the first person to make strawberry shortcake. It’s pretty easy & I know this is nothing revolutionary. However- sometimes it’s all about the presentation. We picked up several containers of strawberries & then it popped in my head- make a jumbo Layered Strawberry Shortcake. Angel food cake is on the top of my favorites list. I think it’s because I have never made one from scratch before. It’s on my bucket list- maybe this summer. Stay tuned to see if I actually make an attempt sometime soon. So anyhow- because I have never made my own – I picked up one from the bakery instead. So that made this little treat even easier to throw together in no time. I love the layers of whip cream & strawberries popping out between the golden color of the cake. I’m very visual when it comes to my food- which is why this particular way to make strawberry shortcake grabs my attention.
So simple to make- I even went with a store bought angel food cake for this one.
Layered Strawberry Shortcake
- 1- 2 pound container fresh strawberries - washed hulled & sliced
- 1 - large tub whip topping- partially thawed
- 1 - ready-made angel food cake
- Set your whip topping on the counter to thaw while you prepare your strawberries
- Prepare strawberries - set aside to dry a bit before assembling your cake
- Place your cake on serving plate & slice in 3 even layers
- Remove top 2 layers - set aside
- Spread spoonfuls of whip topping on bottom layer- top with slices of strawberries
- Add second & third layers & repeat with whip topping & strawberries for each.
- Place in freezer to keep it from melting & sliding apart until you are ready to serve
- OR serve immediately
I told you it was oh so simple.
Want More Easy Cake Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE