Do you love easy crock pot meals? Yeah – me too. Easy Family Dinner Ideas are my favorite. I love those days when I can throw everything in there & let it go & dinner is done. As these days get shorter it seems like the hubs gets home & before I know it- it’s time for bed. So anything I can do to speed up the dinner process the better it is for my sanity. A long while ago I came up with this recipe for Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Soup that has turned into a family favorite. I’m sure it will be for you too!!
It’s not completely homemade- there is a little canned soup & chicken stock involved. But that’s part of the ease of it all. All these ingredients I keep on hand at all times – so when I am in a pinch for dinner it’s really nice to throw this together & not worry about it.
These cooler temps definitely call for a warm & hearty soup.
I am seriously obsessed with this one. I have a hard time not going back for seconds.
When we have company & need to make a lot – this recipe doubles quite well. Sometimes I do that even when we are not having company & then we have leftovers for a couple days. So one easy meal turns into 2-3…maybe that’s why I love it so much.
Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Soup
- 5 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast - cut into chunks
- 1/2 purple onion - diced
- 1 - 26 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 12 ounces salsa
- 3 sweet peppers- diced
- 1/2 bell pepper - diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers - diced
- 1 to mato - diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place all ingredients - except cheese - into crock pot & cover
- Cook on high 4-6 hours - stirring occasionally
- After about 4 hours - remove chicken & pull apart in separate bowl
- Return back to soup & cook another 1-2 hours
- In the final 30 minutes - add cheese - stir
- Top with additional cheese when serving
Want more great soups?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]4