Do you like making bread? I soooooo love making bread. I would do it everyday if I had the time. The whole process of kneading & the smell. Oh my- swoon. So since I was just itching for an excuse to make some bread- I decided to bake some Irish Bannock for the all of us to enjoy. The fact that it’s March really did give me the perfect excuse to bust out my Irish recipes & create a few for all to enjoy!
This is a dense bread – a lot like soda bread. The raisins really make it great for breakfast.
I have such a fondness for making bread- of all kinds.
Makes the house smell amazing!!
Isn’t it gorgeous??!!! Sigh……I really do love bread. 🙂
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment & spritz lightly with cooking spray
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in mixer bowl with dough hook.
- Combine on low while slowly pouring in your buttermilk until dough is soft
- Add raisins
- Turn dough on slightly floured surface & knead for approx 5 minutes or until smooth
- Form dough into a 6-7 inch round & place on prepared baking sheet
- Using kitchen scissors or a large knife - cut a deep cross into top
- Bake approx 40 minutes or until it is golden brown & sounds hollow when tapped.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
That’s it! So simple – just the way I like it.
Want More St. Patty’s Day Recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
i love irish breads. would love to try it!
I love trying new bread recipes, trying this soon! THanks for sharing at The Weekend Retreat! Hope to see you back on Thursday!
Bev Rule says
this turned out really nice