Yay!! Happy March!!! So excited as that means it’s almost St. Patty’s Day.
Years & years ago (long before we met) the hubs went to bar-tending school. He was super young & thought it would be good information to know. Don’t all 20-something dudes think that way?! Well – he was right, it is great knowledge to have (especially if your wife likes to blog about food & drinks). I was able to tap that inner bartender & have him help me create some great cocktails for St. Patrick’s Day. We already had some blackberry brandy we had made – so I was looking for a concoction to use it in. This Blackberry Irish Whiskey Sour was the perfect beverage to not only utilize some of that brandy but add a little Irish celebration in there too.
Add a little twist of lemon & a blackberry – perfect garnish.
So simple to make & you can wow your friends with this great Irish drink.
Blackberry Irish Whiskey Sour
- 1-1/2 ounce Irish Whiskey - I used Bushmills
- 3/4 ounce Blackberry Brandy
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 blackberry
- granulated sugar
- crushed ice
- Add several tablespoons of sugar to a shallow plate or dish
- Rub lemon along the outside only of the rim of your glass to wet
- Immediately roll this wet part of the glass in the sugar to coat the rim - set aside
- In your shaker- fill 1/2 full with ice
- Add Whiskey, brandy & lemon juice - shake well.
- Strain into prepared glass
- Garnish with lemon twist & blackberry
Want More? Try this tasty dessert…
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE