Yay!! Happy March!!! So excited as that means it’s almost St. Patty’s Day.
Years & years ago (long before we met) the hubs went to bar-tending school. He was super young & thought it would be good information to know. Don’t all 20-something dudes think that way?! Well – he was right, it is great knowledge to have (especially if your wife likes to blog about food & drinks). I was able to tap that inner bartender & have him help me create some great cocktails for St. Patrick’s Day. We already had some blackberry brandy we had made – so I was looking for a concoction to use it in. This Blackberry Irish Whiskey Sour was the perfect beverage to not only utilize some of that brandy but add a little Irish celebration in there too.
Add a little twist of lemon & a blackberry – perfect garnish.
So simple to make & you can wow your friends with this great Irish drink.
Blackberry Irish Whiskey Sour
- 1-1/2 ounce Irish Whiskey - I used Bushmills
- 3/4 ounce Blackberry Brandy
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 blackberry
- granulated sugar
- crushed ice
- Add several tablespoons of sugar to a shallow plate or dish
- Rub lemon along the outside only of the rim of your glass to wet
- Immediately roll this wet part of the glass in the sugar to coat the rim - set aside
- In your shaker- fill 1/2 full with ice
- Add Whiskey, brandy & lemon juice - shake well.
- Strain into prepared glass
- Garnish with lemon twist & blackberry
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want More? Try this tasty dessert…
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE