Milk chocolate topped with a layer of white chocolate & gingerbread cookie crumbles makes this easy Gingerbread Cookie Bark that’s a wonderful holiday gift.
Gingerbread Cookie Bark
I can’t believe it’s almost Christmas. Just a couple more days. How quickly this year has gone by. WOW! So a few weeks ago I shared this delicious recipe for my Gingerbread Cookie Bark over at Yellow Bliss Road. It’s such an easy recipe & so perfect for this time of year. I mean really – gingerbread cookies & chocolate, what more could you ask for? When we start getting down to crunch time & we inch closer & closer to Christmas we start shortening our recipes so we can fit more in to our days. I know I don’t have the time to spend all day baking. So I reserve all my favorite quick recipes for the week counting down to Christmas. It makes it easy to still enjoy the treats of the season without losing a ton of time. Win, Win!
Do you like making bark this time of year? It’s so easy – I mean, melt the chocolate & spread out on the pan. Then if you want to add a second layer of another variety you can – or you can just jump right in to the toppings. For this one I really wanted those gingerbread cookies to pop against the chocolate – so I added the layer of white chocolate. That is completely optional for you. But it tastes great with the other flavors too.
You could add any holiday treat you like on top of this gorgeous bark. But this time I wanted a traditional holiday flavor that sparks a little nostalgia. Since gingerbread cookies are that nostalgic memory for me, that was the perfect choice for this bark. Gingerbread cookies are synonymous with the holiday season so it’s no wonder everyone seems to love this bark too.
Gingerbread Cookie Bark
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp shortening- divided
- 5-6 gingerbread cookies
- Line an 9x13 baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium glass bowl, combine the milk chocolate chips & 1-1/2 tbsp of the shortening.
- Microwave on 50% heat in 30 second intervals until fully melted & combined- be sure to stir well in-between each interval.
- Transfer melted mixture into prepared pan & spread into a thin even layer.
- Repeat process with white chocolate chips & remaining shortening & add on top of the milk chocolate layer.
- Crumble & sprinkle on your gingerbread cookies & press in slightly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set - poke with a knife to break into pieces.
Easy right?! You might want to ditch the traditional cookies for Santa & make this for him instead.
Looking for more of our favorite holiday recipes like this Gingerbread Cookie Bark?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE