Dutch Oven Garlic Chicken is a simple chicken dinner recipe that takes just a few minutes of prep & a couple hours to cook. Easy family dinner ideas like roasted chicken are great! I love how simple it is!
Dutch Oven Garlic Chicken
I sure love easy chicken dinner recipes. Seems chicken is my “go-to” when it comes to dinner. I like it because you can cook it light or load it into some comfort food like a casserole. It’s versatile like that, which is why it’s so stinkin’ popular with most people these days. On nights when I already have a side dish planned I like to keep the main recipe light & easy. So preparing something like this dutch oven garlic chicken is what I gravitate towards. Dinner recipes that are almost effortless are the ones I tend to make the most. How about you? With this one it’s as simple as a few minutes to prep by stuffing & seasoning. Then just cover & bake. At the end I add a little glaze to help crisp the skin & give it some great added flavor. It’s really just that easy. Plus it gives me a chance to use my dutch oven that I adore. It’s bright & happy, which makes me want to find reasons to use it.
I love pairing this with a side of pasta salad & bread sticks. It makes for a great meal & the kids just love it. I’m tempted sometimes to pick up another dutch oven so I can make 2 at a time. One for dinner & one for leftovers so I don’t have to pick up a rotisserie chicken. That would be great because with my 3 teens, there is never any leftovers in this house. They are hungry.
Dutch Oven Garlic Chicken
- 1 whole chicken - thawed
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large apple
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat inside of the dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Place ½ of the garlic in the bottom of the pot followed by the chicken.
- Stuff an apple inside of the chicken, rub the outside of the chicken with the butter & top with the remaining garlic.
- Cover & cook 1½ - 2 hours. (checking temperature every 15 minutes after the first hour)
- You are looking for the temp to reach 160 degrees.
- Once the chicken has reached 160 degrees, make your glaze.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl & whisk together & brush on chicken.
- Bake an additional 20-30 minutes uncovered to let the glaze cook in & allow the skin to crisp.
- Remove & let sit for 10 minutes before cutting & serving.
If you love easy chicken dinner recipes- this one is sure to be a favorite!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE