Dutch Oven Garlic Chicken is a simple chicken dinner recipe that takes just a few minutes of prep & a couple hours to cook. Easy family dinner ideas like roasted chicken are great! I love how simple it is!
Dutch Oven Garlic Chicken
I sure love easy chicken dinner recipes. Seems chicken is my “go-to” when it comes to dinner. I like it because you can cook it light or load it into some comfort food like a casserole. It’s versatile like that, which is why it’s so stinkin’ popular with most people these days. On nights when I already have a side dish planned I like to keep the main recipe light & easy. So preparing something like this dutch oven garlic chicken is what I gravitate towards. Dinner recipes that are almost effortless are the ones I tend to make the most. How about you? With this one it’s as simple as a few minutes to prep by stuffing & seasoning. Then just cover & bake. At the end I add a little glaze to help crisp the skin & give it some great added flavor. It’s really just that easy. Plus it gives me a chance to use my dutch oven that I adore. It’s bright & happy, which makes me want to find reasons to use it.
I love pairing this with a side of pasta salad & bread sticks. It makes for a great meal & the kids just love it. I’m tempted sometimes to pick up another dutch oven so I can make 2 at a time. One for dinner & one for leftovers so I don’t have to pick up a rotisserie chicken. That would be great because with my 3 teens, there is never any leftovers in this house. They are hungry.
Dutch Oven Garlic Chicken
- 1 whole chicken - thawed
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large apple
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat inside of the dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Place ½ of the garlic in the bottom of the pot followed by the chicken.
- Stuff an apple inside of the chicken, rub the outside of the chicken with the butter & top with the remaining garlic.
- Cover & cook 1½ - 2 hours. (checking temperature every 15 minutes after the first hour)
- You are looking for the temp to reach 160 degrees.
- Once the chicken has reached 160 degrees, make your glaze.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl & whisk together & brush on chicken.
- Bake an additional 20-30 minutes uncovered to let the glaze cook in & allow the skin to crisp.
- Remove & let sit for 10 minutes before cutting & serving.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you love easy chicken dinner recipes- this one is sure to be a favorite!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Cooking Classy – One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
Cakescottage – Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE