I wasn’t going to do it. I really had not planned on making any recipes with pumpkin puree this season. But then I was sent some to try for another post & I couldn’t just let it sit there in the cabinet. So since I figured the kids were tired of having banana bread for breakfast everyday – I decided to take the pumpkin muffin recipe to the next level & make them something they will really enjoy in the mornings.
As if the pumpkin muffins weren’t tasty enough- that Dulce de Leche makes it goodness overload.
Mmmmmmm………. look at that drizzle.
You know you want one 🙂
Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree- not pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp molasses
- 6 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- 3/4 cup Dulce de Leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin tins with papers or spray with cooking spray. (recipe makes 24 muffins)
- In mixer bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla & molasses. Beat & blend until smooth.
- Add in flour, cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda & salt. Beat slowly until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Make streusel by placing all streusel ingredients in small bowl & cut together with pastry cutter or by crossing 2 knives to cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Should be lumpy.
- Sprinkle over the top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Cool on wire rack & then drizzle with warmed Dulce de Leche before serving.
Want more caramel?
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE