*For an easy week night dinner as part of a sponsored post for Hillshire Brands™ & Mom It Forward Blogger Network– I made this Ditalini & Sausage Soup using Jimmy Dean Sausage for my family.
I love Easy Family Dinner Ideas that comes together in less than 30 minutes. With all that is happening during the day, I don’t often get time to get to prepping dinner ahead of time. So on the weekends we pick up our essentials without a real plan in mind on what we will do with everything. We like to be creative & try not to make the same things all the time. Sometimes that makes it harder when we are throwing something together. Other times – like when I created this Ditalini & Sausage Soup it just comes together so perfectly & I vow to make it again & again.
I love that this can be made with things we always keep on hand. It takes less than 30 minutes too. That means that I can whip this up with little notice – which is great when we have unexpected dinner guests. Especially because this batch makes A LOT. So we typically have plenty of leftovers to have with some sandwiches the next day too.
This is the sausage I used. Jimmy Dean – Regular Sausage. It’s my “Go-to” source of protein for soup.
Since I was making a large batch – I picked up the 2 pounds. It also comes in 1 pound.
You can grab the coupon!
There are valuable savings on other Hillshire Brands products via J4U too!!!
Hillshire Brands™ provides Safeway shoppers with products that can add protein to your meal.
I like to use the Safeway J4U app to pick up all my coupons right on my phone while shopping. It makes saving on our weekly shopping so easy.
Ditalini & Sausage Soup
- 2 pounds ground sausage
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 qt half & half or milk
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 9 ounces chopped spinach
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 cups Ditalini noodles
- Salt pepper, granulated garlic to taste
- Top with croutons & cheese to serve
- Brown sausage, onions & garlic in large skillet over med-high heat.
- In a large stock pot add butter, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, browned ground sausage & spinach.
- Bring to a boil- stirring frequently - Add seasonings to taste.
- Continue to boil 5-10 minutes for flavors to marry
- In another stockpot cook your ditalini to package directions & drain
- Reduce heat on soup & slowly add in half & half - stir well
- Bring soup to a simmer- Do Not Boil. Simmer about 5 minutes
- Add in cooked ditalini
- Serve with croutons & cheese for garnish
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Be sure to check out some of these tasty dishes created by some fabulous bloggers!
Want more great soups?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE