*For an easy week night dinner as part of a sponsored post for Hillshire Brands™ & Mom It Forward Blogger Network– I made this Ditalini & Sausage Soup using Jimmy Dean Sausage for my family.
I love Easy Family Dinner Ideas that comes together in less than 30 minutes. With all that is happening during the day, I don’t often get time to get to prepping dinner ahead of time. So on the weekends we pick up our essentials without a real plan in mind on what we will do with everything. We like to be creative & try not to make the same things all the time. Sometimes that makes it harder when we are throwing something together. Other times – like when I created this Ditalini & Sausage Soup it just comes together so perfectly & I vow to make it again & again.
I love that this can be made with things we always keep on hand. It takes less than 30 minutes too. That means that I can whip this up with little notice – which is great when we have unexpected dinner guests. Especially because this batch makes A LOT. So we typically have plenty of leftovers to have with some sandwiches the next day too.
This is the sausage I used. Jimmy Dean – Regular Sausage. It’s my “Go-to” source of protein for soup.
Since I was making a large batch – I picked up the 2 pounds. It also comes in 1 pound.
You can grab the coupon!
There are valuable savings on other Hillshire Brands products via J4U too!!!
Hillshire Brands™ provides Safeway shoppers with products that can add protein to your meal.
I like to use the Safeway J4U app to pick up all my coupons right on my phone while shopping. It makes saving on our weekly shopping so easy.
Ditalini & Sausage Soup
- 2 pounds ground sausage
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 qt half & half or milk
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 9 ounces chopped spinach
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 cups Ditalini noodles
- Salt pepper, granulated garlic to taste
- Top with croutons & cheese to serve
- Brown sausage, onions & garlic in large skillet over med-high heat.
- In a large stock pot add butter, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, browned ground sausage & spinach.
- Bring to a boil- stirring frequently - Add seasonings to taste.
- Continue to boil 5-10 minutes for flavors to marry
- In another stockpot cook your ditalini to package directions & drain
- Reduce heat on soup & slowly add in half & half - stir well
- Bring soup to a simmer- Do Not Boil. Simmer about 5 minutes
- Add in cooked ditalini
- Serve with croutons & cheese for garnish
Be sure to check out some of these tasty dishes created by some fabulous bloggers!
Want more great soups?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE