Crock Pot Turkey and Rice Soup is the perfect recipe to make with all those Thanksgiving leftovers. This also makes for an easy dinner on those super cold days when you just want to curl up by the fire.
Want something warm & comforting? Already thinking about what you will do with all those Thanksgiving feast leftovers? My mind is in both those places at the moment thinking of Easy Family Dinner Ideas.
I like to use all those turkey leftovers & make something hearty & filling on these cold days when you just want to curl up on the couch & get cozy.
But really- I don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen either. This recipe is something you can just throw in the crockpot & let it fill your house with an amazing aroma all day long.
Easy meals are key for me. Just a couple steps right before serving & you are in for a super tasty warm bowl of goodness.
I’m all about the dump and go recipes. I firmly believe that kitchen appliances like a slow cooker are meant with ease in mind.
Therefore, I tend to avoid lots of steps when it comes to our meals. Less is more and gives me more time with the family, which is the only thing I ever want.
Slow Cooker Turkey Soup
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Simplicity is what it’s all about here – throw it in, let it cook & enjoy!
Here are some commonly asked questions
Do I have to use both noodles and rice?
No, you can definitely omit either one. I was just using up what I had as leftovers so they both went in there. Plus it makes the soup really hearty, which is great when trying to fill up 5 adult-sized appetites.
Can this recipe be doubled?
Absolutely. We actually do that all the time so we can have leftovers the next day. It is so nice to not have to make dinner after shoveling the driveway.
HOW DO YOU MAKE Crock Pot Turkey and Rice Soup
- Combine turkey, broth, water, bouillon cubes, carrots, salt, pepper, garlic & onions in crock pot
- Cook on high 4 hours
- After it’s cooked about 4 hours, toss in egg noodles, cover & continue to cook.
- Add rice to soup
Crock Pot Turkey and Rice Soup
To make this recipe you will need…
- turkey/chicken broth
- chicken bouillon cubes
- cooked turkey leftovers – shredded
- grated carrots2 tbsp minced dried onions
- cooked white rice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- minced garlic
- egg noodles
This is great for snowy days!
So happy to have a “go-to” recipe that everyone loves so much.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Best turkey soup recipe
Looking for more recipe to pair with this soup?
Crock Pot Turkey & Rice Soup
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups turkey/chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups cooked turkey leftovers - shredded
- 1/2 cup grated carrots I prep mine ahead of time & freeze so I can grab & toss in when needed
- 1 tbsp minced dried onions
- 1 cups cooked white rice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bag of egg noodles 6 ounce
- Combine turkey, broth, water, bouillon cubes, carrots, salt, pepper, garlic & onions in crock pot.
- Cook on high 4 hours - stirring occasionally.
- After it's cooked about 4 hours, toss in egg noodles, cover & continue to cook.
- Prepare rice if needed (I use my rice cooker for this step- which cooks about 40 minutes. Just enough time to soften those noodles you just added to your soup)
- Once rice is done- add into soup - stir.
- Your soup is now ready to serve.