It’s no secret, I absolutely love Easy Family Dinner Ideas. Anything to make the dinner prep go faster is great. This way I can get back to work, or even better- have some family time on those rare evenings when I can walk away from the office. I’m sure you love those easy recipes too. So when I create something that I can throw together in a few minutes & just let it do it’s thing all day, I know I have to share it with you. This Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is literally throw & go – you can’t beat it.
This made a huge amount. Like – filled my large cooker to the top. But I was happy it did because not only was there enough for seconds for the kids, but enough for leftovers the next night. That is always a plus for me because if I can take something so easy that already requires so little time to make & then cut that time in half – WIN! Easy in king in this house for dinners during the week & this enchilada soup definitely is easy.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 6-7 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast (5-6 lbs)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 10 oz cans enchilada sauce (I used green- but if you like it hotter - go with red)
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chilies
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 14 oz cans black beans- drained (optional)
- 1 6 oz can pitted black olives- diced
- 3 cloves garlic- minced
- 1/2 white onion- peeled & diced
- 1 tsp gr. cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker & cook on high 4-5 hours (on low 7-8 hours)
- Stir occasionally
- About 1 hour before serving - remove chicken into a large bowl & shred with 2 forks
- Return chicken to crock pot & allow to continue cooking remaining hour
- *Note - this FILLED my 4 qt. crock pot. If you have a smaller cooker- cut this recipe in half
Looking for more Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE