It’s no secret, I absolutely love Easy Family Dinner Ideas. Anything to make the dinner prep go faster is great. This way I can get back to work, or even better- have some family time on those rare evenings when I can walk away from the office. I’m sure you love those easy recipes too. So when I create something that I can throw together in a few minutes & just let it do it’s thing all day, I know I have to share it with you. This Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is literally throw & go – you can’t beat it.
This made a huge amount. Like – filled my large cooker to the top. But I was happy it did because not only was there enough for seconds for the kids, but enough for leftovers the next night. That is always a plus for me because if I can take something so easy that already requires so little time to make & then cut that time in half – WIN! Easy in king in this house for dinners during the week & this enchilada soup definitely is easy.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 6-7 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast (5-6 lbs)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 10 oz cans enchilada sauce (I used green- but if you like it hotter - go with red)
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chilies
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 14 oz cans black beans- drained (optional)
- 1 6 oz can pitted black olives- diced
- 3 cloves garlic- minced
- 1/2 white onion- peeled & diced
- 1 tsp gr. cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker & cook on high 4-5 hours (on low 7-8 hours)
- Stir occasionally
- About 1 hour before serving - remove chicken into a large bowl & shred with 2 forks
- Return chicken to crock pot & allow to continue cooking remaining hour
- *Note - this FILLED my 4 qt. crock pot. If you have a smaller cooker- cut this recipe in half
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE