Chocolate Overload Muffins are a double chocolate muffin recipe loaded with chocolate chunks, chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles. So good!
Are you a Choc-O-Holic? I totally am. I really have a love for chocolate. Every time I am in the store & I pass the bakery section I see those double chocolate chip muffins. It takes all the self control I have to not put them in my basket. Which is why I made these Chocolate Overload Muffins.
But I convince myself that I am going to just make some. I never do- which is probably a good thing- right??!!
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
But one day the craving got the better of me & I finally went into the kitchen & whipped up a huge batch of my own. Oh my- I’m never looking back now- these were fabulous.
(I originally shared this recipe on Lil’Luna but I wanted to be sure to share it here as well for all of you- my wonderful readers.)
Chocolate Overload Muffins
Here are some commonly asked questions
Why aren’t these muffins very sweet?
Short Answer, they are muffins, not cupcakes.
Now I have had people question the amount of sugar in comparison to the other volume of ingredients. These are muffins- so the muffin itself isn’t overly sweet – which is why the call for this amount of sugar.
Most of the sweetness comes from all the extra chocolate added – but it works because then they are not so overly decadent that you can’t enjoy them in the morning.
HOW DO YOU MAKE Chocolate Overload Muffins?
- Prepare 32 muffin tins with paper wrappers or cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients except chocolate jimmies.
- Combine liquid ingredients & whisk until incorporated & egg yolks are broken.
- Fold into dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared tins about 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle on additional chocolate chips & chocolate jimmies.
- Cool in tins about 10 minutes before moving to wire rack to continue cooling completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Chocolate muffins with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks & chocolate jimmies. YUM! They were fabulous with my weekend coffee.
Oh yeah – you know you want one 🙂
To make this recipe you will need…
- all-purpose flour
- dutch process cocoa powder
- granulated sugar
- baking soda
- table salt
- semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for sprinkling on top
- dark chocolate chunks
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- chocolate jimmies
These sure are delicious!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Want More Breakfast?
Chocolate Overload Muffins
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2-2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate jimmies
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Prepare 32 muffin tins with paper wrappers or cooking spray.
In large bowl - combine all dry ingredients except chocolate jimmies
In separate bowl- combine liquid ingredients & whisk until incorporated & egg yolks are broken.
Fold into dry ingredients - don't over mix but make sure you don't have any dry spots.
Spoon batter into prepared tins about 3/4 of the way full.
Sprinkle on additional chocolate chips & chocolate jimmies.
Bake 20-23 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
Cool in tins about 10 minutes before moving to wire rack to continue cooling completely.
Store in airtight container at room temperature.