Chocolate Oreo Cherry Coke Cake is perfect for all your fall adventures like game day tailgating. This easy to make chocolate cake recipe is a crowd pleaser.
Do you love game day? We sure do around here. When the season changes we get so excited for all our fall adventures, many of which include some awesome game or race day gatherings. We love to put out a whole spread of our favorite snacks & great desserts like this Chocolate Oreo Cherry Coke Cake that really makes everyone swoon. We partnered with Safeway to bring you this recipe for your all your fall adventures.
Chocolate Cake Recipes
The first thing I do to prepare for the fall adventures we plan for each weekend is head to Safeway to stock up on all our favorites. This time they happened to be running their Safeway Stock Up Sale which was great for helping me get everything I needed easily & at an affordable price. You can also utilize your local store’s app for additional savings.
Just some of the awesome deals I scored while I was there. Since our adventures almost always include easy snacks like Totino’s™ Pizza Rolls & Coca-Cola MiniCans along with our dessert staples like Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix, Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy frosting, OREO & more. Talk about a one-stop-shop to fuel up for our fall adventures! It was easy to get everything we needed & more. Safeway makes it so simple with the Stock Up Sale so I can get all my favorite staples from General Mills, Coca-Cola, Kraft and Nabisco at a great value.
• Honey Nut Cheerios™
• Cheerios™ 8.90oz.
• Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ 12.20oz.
• Progresso™ Traditional, Rich & Hearty, Reduced Sodium, Light Soup, Vegetable Classic, selected varieties 18-19oz
• Nature Valley™ Granola Bars 7.44oz-8.44oz
• Yoplait® Traditional Yogurt, 4-6oz, selected varieties
• Oui™ by Yoplait® Strawberry French Style Yogurt 5oz.
• Annie’s™ Natural Mac & Cheese 6oz; selected varieties
• Old El Paso™ Shells
• Totino’s™ Pizza Rolls 15ct, Totino Party Pizza 9.8-10.4oz, selected varieties
• Betty Crocker™ Hamburger Helpers, 4.7-8.7oz, selected varieties
• Betty Crocker™ Fruit Snacks, 4.5-8oz, selected varieties
• Chex Mix™ 8-8.75oz, selected varieties
• Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix, 15.25 – 16.25oz., select varieties
• Betty Crocker™ Whipped Frosting, Milk Chocolate 12oz.
• Betty Crocker™ Brownie Mix, Chocolate 18.40oz.
• Pillsbury™ Apple Toaster Strudel™, 6ct., 11.70oz.
• Coca-Cola MiniCans
• Dasani Sparkling Black Cherry
• Classico Tomato Basil
• Heinz Ketchup
• OREO 14.3 oz
• Ritz 13.7 oz
Chocolate Oreo Cherry Coke Cake
This week the family really wanted my classic Cherry Coke Cake. But this time I decided it would be even better if I added OREO Cookies on top. Man, that was a great idea. SO GOOD! The added maraschino cherry juice just adds a hint of cherry to the chocolate cake. Then melting the frosting for a few seconds in the microwave makes icing this cake a breeze. Just heat & pour, you almost don’t even have to spread it at all, which is a huge win for me. You just can’t go wrong with this super easy & delicious cake! It’s always gone before the game or race is over.
I love shopping at my local Safeway, but be sure to check out these great products at your local Albertsons Companies grocery stores including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Safeway is giving away groceries for a year to one lucky winner. Between 10/4-10/19, show them how you how you stock up your pantry and share a photo of how you’ve loaded up with your favorite items, including those below, from #StockUpSale2017. Entry is as easy as 1-2-3:
-Take a photo featuring two or more of the participating Stock Up Sale products below
-Share the photo on Twitter or Instagram or at Safeway by 10/19
-Use #StockUpSale2017 and #Sweepstakes in your caption and complete entry form
**For official rules and details, click here!
This is the perfect dessert for all your fall adventures!
Be sure to bookmark your favorites here so you have them handy, or Pin them to your favorite recipes or projects board on Pinterest.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more fabulous fall recipes?
Best Bakery-Style Vanilla Cupcakes
Chocolate Oreo Cherry Coke Cake
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Coca-Cola
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 can Milk Chocolate Whipped Frosting
- 10-15 OREO cookies- crushed
- 9-10 Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper & then nonstick baking spray.
- Combine cake mix, Coca-Cola, oil, cherry juice, and eggs in mixer & beat at low speed until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Then increase to medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan & bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Cook completely.
- Remove foil seal under cap on the can of frosting & microwave 15-20 seconds
- Pour onto the cooled cake - spreading out into an even layer if needed
- Top with crushed OREO cookies
- Add cherry to each piece when serving
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway.
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Pumpkin Fluffernutter Bars | Dinner Then Dessert
White BBQ Chicken Subs | Will Cook For Smiles
Tamar Strauss-Benjamin says
Your Safeway looks so big and new!
That cake looks beyond decadent!!
I think I just gained 5 pounds and developed a cavity and I’m not even mad! LOL
I’m not a great cook but I’m so so with baking and I’m going to try this. Looks absolutely HEAVENLY! Thanks for sharing your recipe. (I pinned it!)
In from the #happynowlinkup
Sandra L Garth says
Right about now I have some serious chocolate cravings!
Carrie Ditton says
Gina this looks absolutely divine! This week we are hosting our very first Whisk It Wednesday link party and I thought you might be interested in sharing there too! Thanks, Carrie
Yum! Chocolate cake is always good. I’ve always seen adding soda to cake mix as a complete substitute for everything else, but keeping the egg in the batter probably helps the texture significantly. Thanks so much for sharing at the #happynowlinkup!
Miz Helen says
Your cake will be a hit for any party! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back to see us real soon!