Breakfast ideas just got better with this simple & tasty muffin recipe. Chocolate Milk Muffins, made with real chocolate milk. Start the day delicious with an easy muffin recipe like this one!
Chocolate Milk Muffins
Breakfast, the most important meal of the day right?! In our house my son is the one to prepare breakfast for all the kids. It’s part of his daily chores to take care of the first two meals of the day. I try to make it easy on him & have some ready made things so he can be quick & efficient. You see, for several years now I have been doing my best to make the kids a homemade breakfast. Sometimes that means homemade cereal or breakfast bread & sometimes I make something super yummy like muffins. I feel better knowing I’m making them something they love & comes from the heart. Since we have been doing it for so long we have definitely found our favorites that have become weekly staples. Things like our favorite chocolate chip muffins happen regularly. But this time I decided to take that favorite recipe we make so often & change it up a bit by swapping out the regular milk for TruMoo Chocolate Milk.
I had never added chocolate milk to a recipe before. I have to tell you- it made these muffins just a little sweeter than the original recipe but didn’t alter the color, texture or consistency. They have a crisp outer layer & then they are light & fluffy on the inside. We definitely love to have the warm, right out of the oven. When having them the day after, just microwave for about 15 seconds & they are fresh again. Nothing like a warm breakfast on cold winter mornings to get everyone ready for the day ahead.
These are so fun because my kids love to help me make them. It’s great that they can contribute to making the recipes they enjoy each day. Having those bonding moments while baking make great memories later on. It’s super easy, just preheat, prepare your pan & mix your dry ingredients.
Then mix your wet ingredients, fold them altogether & scoop into your pan.
Top with additional chocolate chips & raw sugar. Then bake at 425 degrees for just 7 minutes. This helps the batter to rise & get that super lovely dome shape that makes muffins so beautiful. Then reduce the heat to 375 degrees for the remainder of the cooking time. That’s it. So easy right?!
You know what I love the most about TruMoo? It comes fresh from my local dairy & your’s. Contains no additives & NO high fructose corn syrup. If you have been a reader here for any length of time, you know just how important those things are to me. So I will always favor products that give me great flavor & keep it real.
View on Flipagram
Chocolate Milk Muffins
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter (melted & cooled)
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 3-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp raw sugar for sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray muffin tin liberally with cooking spray - set aside
- Combine all dry ingredients (except raw sugar) in a large mixing bowl - whisk together
- Stir in all the semi-sweet chocolate chips & most of the white chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients & whisk well
- Transfer wet ingredients into the bowl with dry mixture & mix until just combined - making sure to not over-mix
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with remaining white chocolate chips & raw sugar
- Bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes, then REDUCE HEAT to 375 degrees & continue baking an additional 15-17 minutes
- Cool 5 minutes in muffin tins before transferring to wire rack to continue cooling
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
As much as we love TruMoo in these muffins, we also love to enjoy it hot. Just heat up a mug of TruMoo for a simple & delicious hot chocolate. Perfect for a warm up after a few hours of shoveling snow.
Looking for more great breakfast ideas that pair well with TruMoo?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE