What’s more comforting than a chocolate chip cookie?? How about cookie dough? Do you like eating cookie dough- but do you worry in the back of your mind that it has raw eggs in it?? I so do! I could eat the whole thing & not even bake cookies. Sometimes I would buy the pasteurized eggs for my cookie dough just so I could eat it- especially when I was pregnant. But now I have this recipe for eggless cookie dough. This is not for baking!!! I have not tried it but I don’t think it would bake like regular cookies should.
Anyhow- in the middle of the night I woke up with the idea to take the “safe” cookie dough & use it as a filler for chocolate chip cookies made into a cookie sandwich. I mean really- it’s like chocolate chip cookie overload. What’s not to like??!! Everyone in my house was stoked when I put these together & they were gone in a flash. I mean- the poor guys at the station have been missing out on some serious goodies because they never last long enough to make it over there.
So I’m not sharing my actual cookie recipe. That one I have not even shared with my own mother.
I’m even debating if I will share it with my kids before they leave the house. I may take it with me to my grave. We will see.
Buuut- I am sharing the “safe” cookie dough for you to use with your own favorite chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookie
- 2 dozen of your favorite chocolate chip cookies
- 3/4 cup 1-1/2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Beat butter, brown sugar & sugar in mixer until creamed.
- Add milk, vanilla & flour - beat until combined
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Spread like frosting on one cookie & top with another- that simple.
- Store in refrigerator. Let come to room temp before serving.
Looking for more great treats?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE