If you are looking for another great easy family dinner idea, this Chicken & Dumplings Rice Bowl is perfect. It’s slow cooker comfort food at it’s finest.
Chicken & Dumplings Rice Bowl
I love a delicious crock pot recipe. How about you? They are great aren’t they? I love that I can add everything to the pot late morning & come back later & dinner is done. Low stress, little clean up & it’s still hearty & filling for my super hungry family. Even better when they love it so much that they go back for seconds. The best part about this particular dish, is that even after they all have seconds, there is still enough leftovers that I don’t have to cook the next night either. Now that sure makes me happy. I mean we’re talking 10 minutes of prep for 2 nights of dinner. You can’t beat that.
You can enjoy this like a standard chicken & dumplings dish – by itself in a bowl. But we like to enjoy it over rice – which was how this recipe came about. It definitely makes the dish stretch & everyone is more than stuffed. If you like easy chicken dinner recipes then you will be making this one again & again. It’s a “go-to” dish for us in these cooler months & especially when feeding lots of guest too.
If you love easy dinners – you don’t want to miss our Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings too!
Chicken & Dumplings Rice Bowl
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 2- 22 oz cans cream of chicken soup- condensed
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- salt pepper, granulated garlic to taste
- 2 small tubes refrigerator biscuits
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- white rice- cooked
- Cut each chicken breast into 3-4 large pieces & add to crock pot
- Add in condensed soup, seasonings & chicken stock
- Cover & cook on high 4 hours
- Add in cornstarch - stir
- Open refrigerator biscuits & pull or cut each biscuit into 4 smaller pieces & place in a medium bowl
- Add flour into bowl with biscuit pieces & toss to coat
- Shake off excess flour & add biscuit pieces to the top of the liquid in crock pot- don't submerge - allow them to float
- Cover & cook an additional 2+ hours or until biscuits are golden brown
- In the last 30 minutes- prepare your rice
- I place 4 cups rice in my rice cooker & let it cook for about 40 minutes. You can use boil in a bag or microwave rice if you like
- When you are ready to serve just top a few spoonfuls of chicken & dumplings over your bowl of rice - add a little Parmesan cheese if desired- Enjoy
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
This is definitely one of our favorite easy family dinner ideas!
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Spinach and Artichoke Ravioli Bake from The Cooking Jar
Crockpot Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe from Laura’s Sweet Spot
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE