I know I have mentioned on more than occasion how much I’m obsessed with carnitas. If you know me on a more personal level then you really know how deep that love for carnitas is. Now add to that some delicious queso. I love queso. I could live on it pretty much all the time. Which is great because we make it for nearly every homegating event. It’s simple, takes only a couple ingredients & EVERYONE loves it. So it’s so easy to make it the “go-to” snack. Then I had the AMAZING idea to add a little bit of my leftover carnitas from my tacos to my queso & Carnitas Queso was born. It was a match made in heaven if I do say so myself.
The combination of RO*TEL and VELVEETA make a Queso dip that is so good it will be the star of your next tailgating party. Zesty, creamy, yummy, and easy.
The recipe is the perfect addition to any occasion’s entertainment spread.
The family & I joke that if they want to see me during the game – then they need to head on over to the snack bar. That’s where I’ll be – which is why I set up our game time spread facing the media room. That way I can snack without missing a moment of the game.
This queso is great not just with chips & pretzels. I like to cut up some french bread & eat it like a fondue too.
You really can’t go wrong. It’s the perfect game day snack.
- 1 10 ounce can RO*TEL Original- undrained
- 1 16 ounce package VELVEETA - diced into cubes
- 1 cup Crock Pot Carnitas with a little juices from cooking about 1/8 cup
- Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted - stirring frequently
- Serve warm with homemade parmesan tortilla chips , bread or pretzels.
So what will I be making to dip in my Carnitas Queso?
You know it’s great topped on a Gourmet Hot Dog
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE