These Caramel Apple Turnovers are absolutely delicious & require only 3 ingredients. An apple & cinnamon packed fall breakfast made oh so easy.
It’s fall here in North Idaho & that means we are overloaded with apples. After a few visits to our local farms here, I am up to my eyeballs in apple butter & apple pie filling. One can only make so many slices of toast & so many pies before I start to find new recipes to use all this apple goodness on. Since I have so many jars of apple pie filling I decided to whip up a handful of turnovers. Oh my word they were delicious.
I love that these have only 3 ingredients. If I plan just a little I can get the puff pastry thawing after my morning coffee. Then it only takes a moment to fill & fold each square while the oven heats up. Then in just about 30 minutes or so we have a delicious little breakfast treat that we all LOVE.
It’s so easy. You absolutely must make these!
- 1 sheet puff pastry - thawed
- 9 tsp caramel apple pie filling
- 9 tsp caramel sauce - for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Unfold & lay out your puff pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Use a pastry or pizza wheel to cut into 9 equal squares
- Add 1 tsp caramel apple pie filling to each square
- Fold over corner to corner to make a triangle & push down to seal the pastry together
- Bake 18-25 minutes or until light golden brown
- Remove & allow to cool for about 5 minutes before adding caramel drizzle to each one for serving
Looking for more great fall recipes?
Here are a couple other apple recipes I thought you might like….
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE