I have been playing in the kitchen a little bit. In my opinion- almost anything can be improved upon if it’s dipped in chocolate. I mean, you say the words “chocolate dipped…” & you have my full attention. I especially love the holiday season because it gives me the creative push I need to make some really fun ideas- almost all of which involve chocolate in some way. So I decided to take some large pretzel sticks & give them a little gourmet feel by decorating them.
These were so much fun to make.
Quick little snack – my kids LOVE them.
Make sure to leave a little part of the pretzel without chocolate so you have a place to hold it.
Candy Cane Pretzels
- 1/2 bag White Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1/4 cup Red Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 8-10 Large Pretzel Sticks
- Prepare a large baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Lay out your pretzels on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small glass bowl add your white candy melts
- Microwave on high 1-2 minutes- stirring every 30 seconds (do not over heat)
- Once the chocolate is liquified - add in peppermint extract & stir well to incorporate.
- Take your pretzel & hold it over your bowl & spoon the chocolate over the pretzel to coat
- Place back on parchment lined baking sheet & continue with remaining pretzels
- In another small bowl melt your red chocolate candy melts the same way you did the white.
- Once liquified- transfer to piping bag with small round tip
- Pipe lines over pretzels in a drizzle pattern. This does not have to be precise at all - get creative
- Allow to cool & harden for about 1 hour before serving or packaging.
To see how I turned these into a great Neighbor Gift – visit my contributor post on SNAP! today.
I’m absolutely BEYOND thrilled to be a contributor for SNAP! this year.
As a contributor I will also be attending the conference in the spring. I can’t wait!
Want More Holiday Snacks?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE