I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Eagle Brand I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Rich fudge center & coated in melted peanut butter, these Brown Eyed Bucks are a simple, 3 ingredient treat that turns the classic buckeye inside-out.
Be sure to check out our classic Buckeyes recipe too!
Brown Eyed Bucks
When it comes to the holidays, I love the classic treats. Things like cookies & fudge were ever present at all our holiday activities. My mom was the queen of fudge. She had “orders” from friends & family months in advance, so it was pretty common for our house to smell like chocolate from Halloween until New Year’s Eve. She would make fudge in mass quantities every day. I was happy because it was amazing. Imagine that insatiable craving for sweets you had at a teenager & then imagine growing up with an unlimited amount of fudge for a solid 2 months a year. Yes, it was heaven & fortunately she made sure I had perfected her recipes so I can continue her tradition.
I decided to take one of her super easy fudge recipes & twist on it just a little. I have wanted to make buckeyes for a long time. The only thing, I’m definitely more of a chocolate person than I am a peanut butter person. Don’t get me wrong, I love peanut butter. But if I had to choose between the two- chocolate wins every time. So I figured that maybe if I reversed the classic treat & made the majority of it chocolate with a peanut butter coating I would be in love. You know what, I was right. Oh man these are so tasty!
I used this Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk in chocolate. I can’t wait to make another batch with the caramel flavor. The chocolate gave these the most rich & decadent chocolate flavor. WOW these are scrumptious.
These are limited-edition seasonal flavors to make your holiday baking amazing! Both chocolate and caramel varieties of sweetened condensed milk bring the rich, creamy texture holiday recipes that the entire family will love. Try them now, because just like the holidays, they’re here only for a short time.
Brown Eyed Bucks
- 1 can chocolate flavored sweetened condensed milk
- 3-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment, spritz lightly with cooking spray & set aside
- In a large glass bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk & chocolate chips & microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments until melted - stirring in-between each interval.
- Once fully melted, transfer to prepared dish & smooth out flat
- Place in freezer to set at least 3-4 hours
- Remove & cut into small squares
- Roll each square between hands to form a ball & place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Once all are rolled - return to freezer for another hour
- In a small bowl melt peanut butter chips in microwave in the same manner you did the fudge ingredients
- Once melted, dip each fudge ball until mostly coated
- Place back on parchment lined baking sheet & freeze about 20 minutes to set
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Now instead of melting, chopping, or mixing your chocolate, you can add Eagle Brand Chocolate Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk to your favorite chocolate recipes. For this one it really gave a richness to my chocolate that was AMAZING! I love that with the caramel flavor instead of heating up regular Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk to produce a rich caramelized sauce, you can easily add caramel flavor to your favorite recipes with Eagle Brand Caramel Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk.
If you love the classic buckeye treat – you have to give these a try!
Looking for more of our favorite holiday treats?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Peppermint Oreo Truffles from Handle the Heat
White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies from Cooking Classy
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE