Blackberry Cream Oat Bars are the simple dessert you’ve been looking for. An easy back to school snack recipe for moms or teachers. So easy, so delicious!
I’m always looking for simple & tasty snack recipes. How about you? Things like easy oat bars are top on my list because they are made with a handful of ingredients & whip up in just a few minutes. When everyone is so tight on time these days, quick is key. But it’s important for us to keep things balanced around here too. Which is why these delicious oat bars are a favorite in this house.
Blackberry Cream Oat Bars
These little gems are a great treat for moms to enjoy or make for the teacher during these crazy back to school times. I’m sure any teacher would love to nibble on one of these when the day gets to be a little too much to handle. But as much as it tastes like a dessert, it’s made using more organic ingredients & free from artificial colors & flavors. I also swapped in homemade fruit spread instead of added sugar. That’s a win all around.
I used Horizon Organic milk because I encourage my family to live a healthy lifestyle & keep things in moderation. Better food matters & it’s fun creating mouthwatering recipes that everyone loves.
Yummy Bar Recipes
Easy Dessert Recipes
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter- melted
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¾ cup blackberry jam (preferably homemade- search Kleinworth & Co. for an easy 5 min recipe)
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper - set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, milk & melted butter - stir until all dry ingredients are evenly moistened
- Set aside ½ cup of the mixture & transfer remaining to prepared pan - press into an even layer
- Spread jam over the top of the oat layer
- Sprinkle crumbles of reserved oat mixture on top- do not press - leave scattered
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow to cool completely before adding glaze
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl & whisk well
- Drizzle over the top of chilled bars & then cut to serve
These bars are the perfect light treat to bring smiles to adults & kids alike! I know you will love them as much as we do!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Looking for more of our favorite recipe ideas made with Horizon Organic?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE