We are chugging right along through October. Are you enjoying all the wonderfulness of FALL??!!! I sure am! It’s my favorite time of year. I’m so excited because today not only do I have a really fun recipe to share with you all – but I also have joined together with SOME OF MY FAVORITE BLOGGERS to bring you all this Fall Harvest Blog Hop. We have created some of the best Fall ideas you will find & we have them all here in one place. WHOOOHOOOO! So I decided to make one of my favorite recipes & give it a fall/harvest/Halloween twist. These Black Velvet Harvest Brownies are FABULOUS! I love Yummy Bar Recipes!
It wasn’t until I started blogging that I ever frosted brownies. Can you believe that?? I had enjoyed many frosted brownies in my time but never went past just baking & eating. Now that I frost the brownies it just opens up all the creativity with where I can take them. So much more fun AND it makes them more decadent- which keeps me from eating the whole pan in one sitting.
I love these & you will love how easy they are to make!
This is the food color you are looking for.
Be sure to check out all the GREAT fall harvest ideas being shared today as part of of this hop.
Black Velvet Harvest Brownies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter- diced
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips I actually used the squares
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. gel super black food coloring
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag Candy Corn Flavored M&M's
- Preheat Oven to 325.
- Use either non-stick foil or just use regular foil & then spray with non-stick spray & line a metal 9"x9" baking pan. (please do this- as it helps remove the brownies from the pan later on. This is a step I contemplated skipping & doing it how I would normally do it- but I decided to follow the instructions & I was happy I did)
- Stir butter & chocolate in a heavy large saucepan over low heat until all is melted.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar & then eggs- one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, salt & food coloring.
- Sift flour & baking powder (I usually just run a whisk through it for a few stirs & it works perfectly) & stir in & blend well.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until puffed & dry looking- or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some moist batter attached. (about 30-35 minutes).
- Cool completely in pan on a rack. (I was impatient & stuck mine directly into the freezer to cool it faster)
- In small saucepan combine sweetened condensed milk & white chocolate chips.
- Heat until completely melted & combined.
- Pour immediately onto brownies while they are still in the pan.
- Top with your M&M's & sprinkles
- Allow to set before cutting. I popped mine in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
Want more great fall recipes?
I’ve teamed up with a group of 75 bloggers to share tons of Fall Harvest Ideas with you! From crafts, to recipes, to home decor and more…we have you covered for Fall inspiration!
Check the gallery below and visit some of my blogging friends to see their awesome ideas!!
[inlinkz_linkup id=456100 mode=1]
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE