I know we are a ways off from Halloween. But I am already in candy overload here. My kids don’t do the whole trick-or-treat thing anymore. They pass out the candy instead. So I think that could be why we usually have a whole bunch left over. I think they purposely pass out just a couple pieces so we have a whole bunch left for them when the night is over. Smart cookies – those kids. I would do the same thing. 🙂 So I have been trying to come up with recipes I can use all this candy in. I would hate to see it all go to waste. Someone has to eat it….I wonder who that someone should be??! I used some of the Snickers I had here & created these Snickers Cookies that are SOOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! They are soft & chewy – even the hubs was like “hey – now THAT is a good cookie!”. They didn’t last long.
I think I’ll be making these again & again. They meet all my criteria for a perfect cookie. Soft, chewy, a little something extra in there for texture & then the Snickers. Oh how I love Snickers. So really – adding some to a chocolate cookie just made my day.
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar – packed
- 1 large egg – room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 fun size Snickers Bars - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In mixer bowl – cream together butter & sugars.
- Add egg & vanilla – beat 10 seconds to combine
- Add in flour, pudding mix, baking soda & salt – beat well until fully combined
- Beat in chopped Snickers on low
- Take tablespoon size pieces of dough & roll them between your hands to form a ball
- Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart to allow for spread
- Bake 10-12 minutes
- Let cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling
- *remember to only place uncooked dough on a room temperature cookie sheet &
- not on one that is still hot out of the oven. This changes your cookie.
Want more ideas on what to do with all that Halloween candy?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE