Bacon Scalloped Potatoes Recipe, an easy side dish that’s also the perfect comfort food. Cheesy potatoes & bacon makes a great addition to dinner.
I love scalloped potatoes. All my life I grew up having the boxed variety with our dinners. My mom was a baker, but she didn’t do a whole lot of savory cooking & that included regular dinner. When we did make dinner it was usually something quick, which is why I only had boxed scalloped potatoes until I was old enough to start cooking for myself. I love those cheesy potatoes & wanted to make some for myself. So we often pull out the favorite casserole dish & whip some up. Only this time we added bacon, because bacon makes it better, right? I’m including this in our Bacon Month challenge with some super delicious bacon recipes. So be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom so you can check out all of them.
Bacon Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This post should have been written by the hubs. Unfortunately, he was the one working on this recipe & using the mandolin slicer for these potatoes. Well- let’s just say that the mandolin works quite well & he can’t type for a while. So here I am writing this recipe for him as he recuperates. So when making these- please, please, please be careful when cutting your potatoes.
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Bacon Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 6-8 medium russet potatoes- peeled
- 1 tbsp minced onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded colby/cheddar cheese blend
- 2 cups half & half
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 package bacon- cooked to crispy & rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray- set aside
- Use a mandolin & CAREFULLY slice peeled potatoes into rounds about 1/4" thick
- Place sliced potatoes in a bowl of water
- In a large saucepan, saute butter with onions until onions are soft, then add in garlic & cook an additional 1-2 minutes
- Add in milk & half & half, heat to a simmer- remove from heat & set aside
- Lay out paper towels & transfer potato slices out of water to towels & pat dry
- Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish to just cover the bottom
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper & 1 cup cheese & bacon crumbles
- Add another layer of dried potato rounds & repeat with salt, pepper, cheese & bacon
- Continue until you have used all the ingredients - finishing with cheese layer
- Pour hot milk mixture over the top & push potatoes down to submerge (they won't be fully covered) Sprinkle with remaining bacon
- Cover with foil tightly & bake 1 hour
- Remove foil, return to oven & bake another 40-45 minutes or until golden & bubbly
- Potatoes should be soft when pierced with a fork
These are so cheesy, so loaded with bacon & the perfect side dish to every dinner!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pull-Apart Rolls from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Bacon Pasta Salad with Avocado Crema Sauce from A Simple Pantry
Peanut Butter, Banana & Bacon Muffins from Forking Up
Bacon & Egg Puffs from It Is A Keeper
Bacon Scalloped Potatoes from Kleinworth & Co.
Savory Oatmeal with Bacon, Spinach and Blistered Tomatoes from Cooking in Stilettos
Beer Bacon and Cheese Dip Recipe from Bread Booze Bacon
Sriracha Bacon Lobster Rolls from Nomageddon
Sticky Bacon and Salmon Kebabs from Hey Grill, Hey
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE