Beer bread is reaching new heights during bacon recipes month with this Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread. Simple, easy & the perfect side to every meal. Delicious.
Bacon month continues – have you found your perfect bacon recipe yet? I know I am in bacon heaven with all these scrumptious bacon recipes being shared. With all of us sharing a couple times a week you are bound to find something you love! I know I am & it’s been great. So today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes – beer bread. I love beer bread because it’s so incredibly easy to make. The original recipe came from my mother-in-law. I didn’t receive many recipes from her (I somehow need to get more of her recipe book from my sister-in-law) but this one that I did get from her is a favorite. It’s as easy as mix & bake – nothing fancy. You don’t even have to wait for it to rise. I think that’s why I make it all the time. Only now – I have added bacon & cheddar cheese to really pack a punch.
This is a fabulous recipe for serving on the side of maybe a steak dinner or even an alfredo recipe. We enjoyed it for both recently. With the 5 of us – there is rarely any left over. Positively delicious – you have to make it!
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 bottle kraft beer
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crisp bacon pieces
- 1/2 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray large glass loaf pan with cooking spray
- Mix flour, sugar & beer in mixer bowl with dough hook attachment until combined & dough like
- Slowly mix in cheese & 1/2 the bacon
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Top with remaining bacon
- Bake 40 minutes
- Melt butter in microwave.
- After bread has baked 40 minutes- remove from oven & pour the melted butter over the top
- Return to oven & bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove & cool until it is able to be handled.
- Slice gently & serve warm.
Check out these AWESOME bacon recipes from my fabulous bacon loving blogger friends!
Looking for more great bacon recipes?
Be sure to check out these other bacon recipes from these great bloggers too!
Buffet Pancake Dippers from Lady Behind the Curtain
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Bombs from Damn Delicious
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE