If you love thick and chewy brownies, this Air Fryer Brownies recipe is easy & so delicious. Top with some ice cream, these are perfect for sharing.
I confess, I really love brownies. I crave them almost all of the time. So when I figured out how to make these Air Fryer Brownies when writing my cookbook, I was sure in heaven.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
When I first got my air fryer, I automatically figured it would be used primarily for making all our game-day snacks. I didn’t know I would be able to use it to make delicious desserts too.
What is really great about it is that I can feel a maybe a little less guilty about the foods we are eating because of the reduced oil used in the cooking process, thanks to the air fryer.
Easy Air Fryer Brownies
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
These are as easy to make as regular homemade brownies. Just mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and then transfer to your prepared air fryer baking pan.
Then just pop it in the air fryer and let it do its thing. No waiting for the oven to preheat.
Here are some commonly asked questions
Can I use a sugar substitute?
I have not personally tried it, so I can’t say how that would turn out. But if you would like to try it, I suggest a product that offers a 1:1 swap. Please let me know how it turns out.
Can these brownies be frozen?
You can, but they are best when enjoyed fresh. If you choose to freeze them, make sure to wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store for no more than 3 months.
Can this recipe be doubled?
Due to the space constraints of cooking one pan at a time in the air fryer and fitting anything larger in the air fryer, I don’t double this recipe. You could do batches back to back though.
How many can this serve?
That will depend on how large or small you cut the pieces. But I like to make either 2 cuts, making 4 large brownies OR 2 cuts going in each direction making 9 brownies.
What baking pan do you use for these brownies?
I like to use this little 6″ baking pan. It fits in both my small and large air fryer basket, so no matter what size fryer you use, this one should be perfect for all your air frying baking.
What air fryer do you use?
We actually have 3 air fryers. I have a smaller one from Phillips that we started with. I have since given that to my son since he’s only cooking for 1.
But the more I used the air fryer I realized I really wanted a digital screen. It wasn’t any more expensive, in fact- our XL air fryer from GoWISE was less expensive than the Phillips and I love its ease & extra functions.
Plus it comes with a lot of the extra accessories I like to use when cooking with my fryer.
But I when I started working on my second air fryer book, I wanted to change things up. I picked up this Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer+ Rotisserie, Dehydrator, Convection Oven. It has 8 Touch Screen Presets (Fry, Roast, Dehydrate & Bake, BPA-Free, Auto Shutoff) & Accessories Included. It is XL Family Size, which is great!
HOW DO YOU MAKE Air Fryer Brownies?
- Grease a shallow baking and set aside.
- Combine butter and cocoa powder in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave until butter is melted. Stir to combine.
- Allow melted butter mixture to cool for several minutes and then whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in brown sugar, flour, nuts (if using), and salt.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 320 degrees for 33 to 37 minutes, or until just slightly moist in the middle.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Brownies will be slightly gooey in the center before they cool but will set as they come to room temperature.
Air Fryer Brownies
To make this recipe you will need…
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- teaspoon salt
Don’t these just look delicous? They are AMAZING!
BROWNIES MADE IN THE AIR FRYER
If you love this recipe – You might also love my air frying cookbook too!
The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two also makes everything fast and easy. Most recipes take 30 minutes or less and they’re designed with simple prep and minimal clean-up in mind. Nutritional information, serving size descriptions, and recipes for vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free are also included. There’s so much to savor.
If you love this Easy Air Fryer Brownie recipe, you’re going to love these other treats too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Air Fryer Desserts
If you love this recipe for Air Fryer Brownies as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH KLEINWORTH & CO!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Air Fryer Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts optional
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Grease a shallow baking pan and set aside.
- Combine the butter and cocoa powder in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave until butter is melted. Stir to combine.
- Allow the melted butter mixture to cool for several minutes and then whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the brown sugar, flour, nuts (if using), and salt.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake at 320 degrees for 33 to 37 minutes, or until just slightly moist in the middle.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan. Brownies will be slightly gooey in the center before they cool but will set as they come to room temperature.