Easy family dinner ideas like Chicken Noodle Casserole are a great way to have comfort food fast. Amazing chicken recipes like this are always a favorite! I love how quick & easy this dinner is & how much my family loves it. Don’t miss my tip for making this in bulk as a freezer meal too.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Love comfort food? What tops your list when you think of comfort food? For me, casserole & soup. I was craving both the other day & couldn’t decide which to make. So I decided to combine the two & create this AMAZING Chicken Noodle Casserole. It was so easy put together. I used some extra pulled chicken I had made the night before- so it was a great use of leftovers. But – you could also use a Rotisserie chicken if you like to buy those. That makes this dish so simple. I just mixed the ingredients, cooked my noodles- stir, top & bake. I’m not kidding when I say it’s beyond easy & the family was raving over it.
I started out by grabbing a few canned foods that we always keep on hand while I was doing my shopping at my local Albertson. Did you know that February is National Canned Food Month and Albertsons is helping to celebrate. They believe that a well-stocked “cantry” helps you make nutritious and flavorful dishes you can feel good about serving. I agree with that. The seal of a can guarantees freshness, flavor, nutrition and fantastic convenience –everywhere, every time –that no other package provides. I love being able to whip together delicious dinners in short time with the help of a well stocked pantry full of canned foods.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This casserole works out great as a make-ahead freezer meal. I just go through the prep & then place it in a foil pan & cover. Place in the freezer marked with the date & instructions written on the outside. Then when you want to enjoy it – just transfer to the refrigerator the night before to thaw a bit. Then bake at the same temperature for about 15-20 minutes longer- or until hot & bubbling. (this depends on your oven) I usually double or quadruple this recipe & make a bunch of these to freeze. Then I send a couple back to the apartment with the hubs & keep a couple here too. So good to have dinner ready with such little effort. When making for dinner that night I use my favorite casserole dish, but those foil pans are so handy for make ahead meals.
Head to your local Albertsons Safeway owned store & stock up.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 large chicken breasts- cooked & shredded (about 2 cups of shredded chicken- leftovers are great for this or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (15.25 oz) can whole kernel corn - drained
- 1 (15 oz) can no salt sweet peas - drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (22.6 oz) can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 tbsp minced onions
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- ½ cup shredded colby jack cheese
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup french dried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray- set aside
- Cook noodles to package directions (usually boil for 6-8 minutes) drain & place in a large bowl
- Add in cooked chicken, corn, peas, condensed soup, milk, minced onions, granulated garlic, cheese & bacon bits
- Fold to combine & transfer to prepared baking dish
- Top with french fried onions
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbling & hot throughout
- **Note: per reader feedback I do not advise substituting the egg noodles with another kind, such as elbow macaroni. Those tend to soak up more of the moisture & leave the casserole dry.
Cans help you save prep time and get a healthy meal on the table more often! Certainly a staple in our house.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons (or name of your local Albertsons owned store) . The opinions and text are all mine.