Brownie chunks layered with simple frosting & sprinkled with peanut butter chips makes this Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle a delicious chocolate & peanut butter dessert.
Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
I love a good brownie! How about you? What about peanut butter & chocolate together? Yep- it’s great! I think brownies are most dangerous in our house when they are absolutely plain- nothing mixed in, nothing topped on. I use the word dangerous because when they are like that, I’m most likely to eat the whole pan. Yep- every single bite, all by myself. So I typically try to add things to them or use them in other recipes to make them over the top delectable with just a little bit. Things like these Peanut Butter Brownie Trifles are so easy & take just a small portion of the brownie tray to make each one. I was able to create each of these with just a handful of bite sized pieces, a couple spoonfuls of frosting & a sprinkle of peanut butter chips. That probably equates to 1-2 brownies. So much better than the whole pan, wouldn’t you agree?!
It’s so easy to make these, which is why I love making them for parties. I can make them ahead, pop them in the fridge & when it’s go-time, I’m ready. I love that I can control the size of these by just altering the glass – so if I want to make my ingredients stretch, or I’m making these for a group of smaller stomachs – then I just find a cute little glass instead. For these I use a standard rocks glass, which worked perfectly. It’s great for portion control.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter - room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3-4 tbsp whipped topping per glass
- 2 tbsp peanut butter morsels per glass
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line square glass baking dish with parchment & give a light spritz with cooking spray
- In large bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt - whisk to combine
- In a smaller bowl combine chocolate chips & butter - microwave in 30 second intervals until melted - allow to cool slightly
- Add in sugar to melted butter & chocolate- stir
- Add eggs, milk & vanilla. - Stir well until combined
- Pour into dry mixture & fold until completely combined
- Transfer to prepared dish
- Bake for 20-30 minutes- might not appear done in the middle - that's okay, they will settle as they cool- that's what keeps it fudgy.
- Remove from oven
- Cool completely before adding frosting & cutting
- Once cool - spread frosting on in an even layer - move on to assembling trifle
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment cream butter until light & fluffy
- Add in confectioners sugar & beat slowly
- Once mixture looks moist but crumbly add in milk & beat until fluffy again - if you want it a little softer add additional milk 1-2 tsp at a time
- Cut frosted brownies into bite size pieces & add several pieces into the bottom of your glasses
- Sprinkle in your peanut butter morsels
- Top with whipped topping & continue in the same process until your glass is full ending with the peanut butter morsels
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
I’m telling you, don’t let the simpleness of these fool you. They are absolutely delicious & you will enjoy every single bite.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more great treat recipes like this Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE