White Chocolate Custard Frozen Pops are an easy summer dessert that is also a delicious no-bake treat. Friends & family will swoon for this creamy frozen custard treat.
Do I have a treat for you all today!! My dear friend Gloria (who I finally had the chance to hug in real life when I was in SLC in April) is here today to share with you a SUPER YUMMY treat. Have I told you all just how much I adore Gloria?? I was so thrilled when we had the chance to sit & get to know each other in person. We have so much in common & get along SO WELL. I swear we would be highly dangerous if we lived close by & could get together all the time. So anyhow – she’s here today to share these White Chocolate Custard Frozen Pops that I absolutely CAN’T WAIT to try. Give her a nice warm welcome & see why I love her so much!!
Frozen Custard Recipe
Hello Everyone! I’m Gloria and I blog over at Simply Gloria. I am so ecstatic to be hanging out with you over here with sweet Gina. Recently, I had the pleasure and was so lucky to meet up with her in person. I could have spoken with Gina f.o.r.e.v.e.r! She is such an amazing and beautiful woman, inside and out!
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Since the warm weather is slowly but surely making it’s way across to all of us, I have a fun and easy frozen popsicle for you today!
Cool summer treats are going to be in high demand, at least at my house. And, enjoying fresh from the freezer pops outside under the warm sun, is simply the best!
Especially these homemade White Chocolate Custard Frozen Pops!
Rich and creamy custard infused with melted white chocolate. Popped in the freezer to instill the flavor and creaminess in every single lick! It is seriously melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
This recipe is really simple to make. It takes less than 20 minutes to whip up. The hardest part is having to wait for these pops to freeze.
But if you’re a little impatient like me, you might want to put some of this creamy custard aside in a small or big bowl to enjoy all by yourself. (I won’t judge.) Savor every single spoonful! Then you’ll still have the frozen pops to look forward to later!
White Chocolate Custard Frozen Pops
Feel free to choose whatever popsicle form you want. I went a little old school and used little paper cups. Easy and simple!
Put the warm custard straight into the paper cups, top with your favorite candy (or berries!), pop a stick in the middle and call it good! Freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight. Tear the paper cup away from the frozen custard and voilà! You’ve got homemade White Chocolate Custard Frozen Pops!
What topping would you most love to put on these frozen treats?
I told you she was AMAZING!!!! Thank you Gloria for sharing here today!!!
Want more pops?
Looking for more pop recipes?
White Chocolate Custard Frozen Pops
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted cold butter cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- candy pieces or berries optional (I used chocolate rock candy.)
- 18 3 oz. paper cups
- 18 popsicle wooden sticks
- In a heavy large sauce pan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Put on medium-high heat.
- Immediately add and whisk the cold milk and yolks.
- Continue to keep whisking while the mixture is heating up for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once it starts to thicken and bubble, turn off burner and take the pan off heat.
- Add the vanilla, white chocolate chips, and cold butter pieces-- one by one while you are still whisking.
- Place paper cups onto a flat tray or baking dish.
- Spoon the custard into each paper cup 3/4 full.
- Top with candy pieces or berries.
- Finish by poking the wooden sticks into the middle of the custard.
- Freeze for 6 hours minimum or over night.
- Before eating, tear and peel away the paper cup.
- Makes 18 frozen pops.
Note: Also enjoy this custard cold. After cooking on the stove top, put into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap on the surface of the custard to prevent a skin forming. Make sure the wrap is touching the custard on the top. Refrigerator until cooled (about 2-4 hours) or over night. Enjoy!