What do you think of shortbread cookies? I love their light buttery flavor. Add to that some chocolate – or how about some white chocolate too & maybe some M&M’s & then you have these super cute Valentine Shortbread Bars. Yup – that’s what I’m talking about. They definitely belong on my Yummy Bar Recipes list. Mmmmm mmmmm! Maybe you have a little Valentine gathering coming up for the kids. Or possibly a church pot luck. Or maybe you just like to surprise your family with a little treat on Valentine’s Day. These are perfect for that.
The ease of shortbread bars is fantastic. I mean – eggless is great. That means I can eat the dough- which I am known to do more often than not. Do you eat cookie dough too? The hubs gives me grief every single time. But I do it with every batch of dough I make – eggs or not. I can’t help myself – I grew up doing it. It was what my mom & I would do. Sort of like the little treat before the treat. I have very fond memories of those special times with my mom – many of them center around baking with her. More often than not those memories involve eating raw dough or batter. So it’s great with shortbread because I can just say “no eggs – no problem”. Hehehe – gotta love that.
Valentine Shortbread Bars
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter - softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup red M&M's
- 1/8 cup heart sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper - set aside
- Cream butter, sugar & salt in mixer on medium high until well blended & fluffy
- Add in vanilla & then flour - beat until crumbly
- Press 3/4 of the dough into a flat layer in bottom of prepared pan
- Top with semi-sweet & white chocolate chips & M&M's
- Sprinkle remaining dough over the top & lightly press down
- Add hearts
- Bake approx 45 minutes or until golden on top
- Cool to room temperature on wire rack
- Remove by lifting out by parchment
- Cut unto squares & enjoy
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more Yummy Bar Recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE