Easy family dinner ideas go to a new level with this Teriyaki Chicken. Peppers & chicken sauteed & served over a plate of white rice. Easy & delicious.
Dinner- it can really be the downer on the day if you don’t have a plan. Fortunately along with my weekly meal plans & the random favorite thrown in from time to time the dinner time question of what to make happens a whole lot less. Which is great because that was always the thing I dreaded the most- deciding what to make. This simple Teriyaki Chicken comes together so quick & the kids just love it. There’s never any leftovers- which makes this mama happy.
This really is as simple as cut & saute. It’s pretty versatile too. You could add in chopped onion, broccoli or whatever veggies you wish to make this to your liking. I’m on a pepper kick these days I so I stuck with sweet peppers, bell peppers & Anaheim chilies. That’s a personal preference & feel free to mix it up & make it your own. This is all about starting simple & adding as you go. That’s why I love it so much! We can make the whole chicken mix in the time it takes to cook the rice in the rice cooker. I also really love that it’s a minimal mess/clean up when all is said & done. None of us want to spend an hour doing dishes.
- 3-4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast - chopped
- 4 oz teriyaki glaze
- 3 bell peppers - red, green, orange - chopped
- 1 sweet chili - chopped
- 1 Anaheim chili - chopped
- sprinkle of minced onions
- heavily sprinkle garlic powder
- 3 cups Pineapple chunks- fresh or canned
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds for garnish
- Top over steamed rice
- Place rice in cooker & set to cook while you prepare your chicken
- Cut chicken into chunks & add to skillet
- Prep veggies by chopping & discarding seeds of peppers
- Cook chicken in large skillet over med-high heat stirring occasionally
- Add in chopped veggies after about 7-10 minutes - continue stirring
- Cook chicken thoroughly until all juices run clear - 15-20 minutes
- Once chicken is cooked, add glaze & pineapple, toss to coat & cook an additional 5 minutes
- Serve over a bed of rice & then drizzle additional teriyaki glaze over top & sprinkle with sesame seeds
You definitely need to add this to your weekly dinner plans. It’s scrumptious! Easy Family Dinner Ideas.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas like this Teriyaki Chicken?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE