Easy family dinner ideas go to a new level with this Teriyaki Chicken. Peppers & chicken sauteed & served over a plate of white rice. Easy & delicious.
Dinner- it can really be the downer on the day if you don’t have a plan. Fortunately along with my weekly meal plans & the random favorite thrown in from time to time the dinner time question of what to make happens a whole lot less. Which is great because that was always the thing I dreaded the most- deciding what to make. This simple Teriyaki Chicken comes together so quick & the kids just love it. There’s never any leftovers- which makes this mama happy.
This really is as simple as cut & saute. It’s pretty versatile too. You could add in chopped onion, broccoli or whatever veggies you wish to make this to your liking. I’m on a pepper kick these days I so I stuck with sweet peppers, bell peppers & Anaheim chilies. That’s a personal preference & feel free to mix it up & make it your own. This is all about starting simple & adding as you go. That’s why I love it so much! We can make the whole chicken mix in the time it takes to cook the rice in the rice cooker. I also really love that it’s a minimal mess/clean up when all is said & done. None of us want to spend an hour doing dishes.
- 3-4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast - chopped
- 4 oz teriyaki glaze
- 3 bell peppers - red green, orange - chopped
- 1 sweet chili - chopped
- 1 Anaheim chili - chopped
- sprinkle of minced onions
- heavily sprinkle garlic powder
- 3 cups Pineapple chunks- fresh or canned
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds for garnish
- Top over steamed rice
- Place rice in cooker & set to cook while you prepare your chicken
- Cut chicken into chunks & add to skillet
- Prep veggies by chopping & discarding seeds of peppers
- Cook chicken in large skillet over med-high heat stirring occasionally
- Add in chopped veggies after about 7-10 minutes - continue stirring
- Cook chicken thoroughly until all juices run clear - 15-20 minutes
- Once chicken is cooked, add glaze & pineapple, toss to coat & cook an additional 5 minutes
- Serve over a bed of rice & then drizzle additional teriyaki glaze over top & sprinkle with sesame seeds
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
You definitely need to add this to your weekly dinner plans. It’s scrumptious! Easy Family Dinner Ideas.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas like this Teriyaki Chicken?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE