Oh good heavens! I think I made the family’s new favorite treat. These S’Mores Bars are so incredibly easy to make & they were gone in record time. It seems that with all the campfire fun happening during the summer, S’Mores are just a summertime staple. But when you live with the fire chief – not only are fires in the summer a big “no-no”… but time to vacation & get out to have those opportunities in the summer months just don’t happen for us. So rarely do we make things like S’Mores – until now. All the yummy flavors you love about S’mores – no campfire required!
These whip up in less than 5 minutes & the set time in the freezer is quick too.
Just those 3 simple ingredients that we all LOVE!
I think next time I will double the recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips or candy melts
- 1 tbsp shortening only if you are using chocolate chips
- 3-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3-4 graham crackers - crushed to coarse crumbles
- Line 8x8 baking dish with parchment & set aside
- Melt your chocolate in double boiler until it's smooth & silky
- Remove from heat - allow to cool 1-2 minutes
- Add marshmallows & 1/2 the graham crackers - stir to coat
- *Note- work quickly -the marshmallows will start to melt in the warm chocolate.
- Transfer to prepared pan - smooth out
- Top with additional graham cracker crumbs & extra marshmallows if desired
- Place in freezer to firm up the chocolate quickly- leave for 20 minutes
- Remove & cut into squares - serve.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more great summer treats?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]