I love utilizing my slow cooker whenever I can. It frees up my oven for other things & makes life in the kitchen simpler. So a couple years ago I learned how to make bread in the slow cooker. It was definitely a game changer for me. I love fresh bread & being able to utilize my slow cooker to make it just puts a smile on my face. Since we are just 2 days away from Thanksgiving – I figured these Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls might be a recipe worth sharing. You can have these going while your oven is occupied with the turkey.
Do you love the smell of freshly baked bread. I have a slight obsession with it. I would make fresh bread every day if I could. I like this recipe because it’s just enough for one night for our family of 5. We don’t have leftovers so we can all enjoy it while it’s fresh & warm. Perfect way to eat bread if you ask me.
Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk 95-115 degrees
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- Melted butter for serving
- Line slow cooker with parchment & lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine yeast, sugar & milk in mixer bowl. Wait 5 minutes & then mix.
- Add salt & butter & 1/2 the four - combine using dough hook.
- Let sit 2 minutes to rest.
- Add remaining flour, & honey. Mix to combine.
- Knead in mixer with dough hook 4-5 minutes (or 10 min by hand) until elastic - add more flour if needed until it becomes elastic - not sticky
- Allow dough to rest 5 minutes.
- Pull off pieces & shape into rolls & place in slow cooker. -It's okay to double the layers if your cooker is smaller.
- Cover & cook on high 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Remove lid & do not allow condensation to drip on bread.
- Lay a paper towel over cooker top & recover. Wait 10 minutes.
- Remove & enjoy.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more bread recipes?
Beer Bread Recipe
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
How smart to use the crock-pot! I need to use mine more. Thanks for the reminder.