I love utilizing my slow cooker whenever I can. It frees up my oven for other things & makes life in the kitchen simpler. So a couple years ago I learned how to make bread in the slow cooker. It was definitely a game changer for me. I love fresh bread & being able to utilize my slow cooker to make it just puts a smile on my face. Since we are just 2 days away from Thanksgiving – I figured these Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls might be a recipe worth sharing. You can have these going while your oven is occupied with the turkey.
Do you love the smell of freshly baked bread. I have a slight obsession with it. I would make fresh bread every day if I could. I like this recipe because it’s just enough for one night for our family of 5. We don’t have leftovers so we can all enjoy it while it’s fresh & warm. Perfect way to eat bread if you ask me.
Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk 95-115 degrees
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- Melted butter for serving
- Line slow cooker with parchment & lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine yeast, sugar & milk in mixer bowl. Wait 5 minutes & then mix.
- Add salt & butter & 1/2 the four - combine using dough hook.
- Let sit 2 minutes to rest.
- Add remaining flour, & honey. Mix to combine.
- Knead in mixer with dough hook 4-5 minutes (or 10 min by hand) until elastic - add more flour if needed until it becomes elastic - not sticky
- Allow dough to rest 5 minutes.
- Pull off pieces & shape into rolls & place in slow cooker. -It's okay to double the layers if your cooker is smaller.
- Cover & cook on high 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Remove lid & do not allow condensation to drip on bread.
- Lay a paper towel over cooker top & recover. Wait 10 minutes.
- Remove & enjoy.
Want more bread recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE