Spring, Spring, Spring. What does it make you think of?? For me – lemons come to mind when I think of spring. That gorgeous yellow- that fresh flavor. That zing! It’s that time – so I decided to make up some Simple Lemon Syrup to keep on hand. It’s great for mixed drinks like a Lemon Drop Martini or just mixed in some iced tea. It can also be used in recipes for baked goods or really anything you would want to add a little sweet lemon flavor to. I love this syrup for it’s versatility & it’s incredibly fresh lemon flavor. It’s something that I will make again & again all through summer. Definitely a staple in my fridge during the warmer months.
Love that soft yellow color. Makes me smile.
This really is super yummy mixed in to so many things.
Simple Lemon Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- In small saucepan - combine water & sugar.
- Bring to a boil & then reduce heat & simmer 3-5 minutes - stirring constantly
- Remove from heat & allow to cool to room temperature
- Add in lemon juice & stir well
- Transfer to sterilized bottles
- Refrigerate - keeps indefinitely
Try some in a Lemon spritzer.
How about some great Lemon Recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE