I hope you haven’t had enough St. Patty’s Day ideas!!! I have a few more to share with you all – including these Mint Irish Cream Bars. The hubs had found these little mint cups (like a Reese’s mini – but with dark chocolate & filled with mint instead of peanut butter) & had been snacking on them here & there. I had been telling him I wanted to use them in a recipe & to keep his paws off them. Well after about a week he finally told me that if I didn’t do something with them soon- there wouldn’t be any left. I knew he wasn’t kidding – they would be gone! So I decided to use some of the Honey Irish Cream & the mint cups & make these bars. They were a huge hit.
These are great by themselves or with a little scoop of ice cream with it.
Again- like with the Mint Brownies I shared earlier this week- the alcohol bakes out – so everyone can enjoy.
Mint Irish Cream Bars
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp Honey Irish Cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate mint cups- chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 glass dish with cooking spray
- In mixer - combine butter, sugars, eggs & Honey Irish Cream. Beat on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl- combine flour, baking powder, salt, coconut & half of the chocolate chips
- Slowly beat into sugar mixture until combined. Scrape down bowl & beat again.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish & smooth out. I sprayed my hands with cooking spray & used my fingers to smooth out to a nice even layer.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the chopped mint cups & remaining chocolate chips over top making sure they are evenly disbursed.
- Bake 30-40 minutes
- Remove & immediately sprinkle remaining mint cups over the top & allow to melt in.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want More Bars?
Best Chocolate Chip Coffee Bars
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]
I mean…wow! Those look amazing and I know they would be a huge hit. My husband would destroy these in a day.
Serendipity is Sweet says
Oh my, those look so yummy! I bet they were a hit!
I hope you are well mama! Miss you and have been thinking about you! Have a great weekend. XX
Mariel @ Or so she says... says
These sound amazing, Gina!! Pinned. 🙂
i made some minty brownies too. they are delish!
I can see why they were a hit! The look and sound amazing! Thank you for sharing them at Sewlicious Home Decor! Pinned to the party board. 🙂