It’s warm now. Not quite as warm as say…when we lived so close to Death Valley. But for this area- it’s comfortably warm. So I’m starting to pull out all my “no-bake” recipes again. Looking for Easy Family Dinner Ideas? I love utilizing my crock pot during the warmer months. I want to be enjoying these gorgeous days – not slaving away in the kitchen. One thing that we make a lot of is this recipe for Restaurant Style Refried Beans. We use them in tacos, enchiladas, tostadas & then on the side of so many other things too.
It’s SO easy to make. Just throw it all in the slow cooker & blend at the end of cooking. They taste amazing – just like what you get in the restaurant (so much better than canned). Best part – no preservatives.
We make this recipe at least once a week.
I’m sure you will find yourself making these again & again.
Restaurant Style Refried Beans
- 3 cups dry pinto beans – rinsed & sorted
- 9 cups water
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt for cooking + more to taste later
- 4 tsp cumin
- Add all ingredients in slow cooker
- Cover & set on high
- Cook for 8 hours- stirring occasionally
- Once beans are soft- use an immersion blender to break up beans & puree to a nice smooth consistency
- Top with cheese for serving
- Store in airtight container
Do you want more summer dishes? How about these?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]