WOW- it sure has been a long time since I made biscotti. But with the cooler air & the fall colors, I have really been feeling the need to make a little something to enjoy with some coffee in the morning & some warm tea in the afternoon. So instead of making my usual biscotti recipe, I had to really jazz it up with some fall flavors. Pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg & caramel all come together to make Pumpkin Caramel Biscotti. So lovely on a crisp fall day. I know you will love it!
I like having biscotti because it travels well. We can pack some in a little container along with our thermos full of something warm & it’s good to enjoy no matter where we are. Especially on those rare days we can get out to see the fall colors – which are glorious around these parts.
Pumpkin Caramel Biscotti
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour possibly up to 1 cup more
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 11 ounce bag caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350 conventional/ 325 convection
- In mixer bowl- combine flour, salt, sugars, baking powder & spice - mix with paddle about 30 seconds
- In a large measuring cup - add pumpkin puree, eggs & vanilla - mix well
- Add to dry mixture & beat well.
- Mixture should be very thick - not like cake batter.
- Add additional flour if needed up to 1 cup- it should be quite firm & hold it's shape
- Beat in caramel bits
- Divide dough into 2-3 portions & place on parchment lined baking sheet & shape into a log.
- Bake 28-30 minutes
- Remove & allow to cool about 15 minutes
- Slice into 3/4" pieces & lay flat
- Bake additional 8-10 minutes
- Remove & flip each piece over & return to oven to bake a final 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool on baking sheet before storing in airtight container
Want more great coffee time recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE