Okay – so while we were coming home from visiting our house over the weekend I convinced the hubs to stop at Dairy Queen. While I’m standing there choosing my sin of choice I notice this giant tub with the words “liquid peanut butter”. Oh – did you even know there was such a thing??!! It really got my gears turning. They wouldn’t tell me where they get it. I really don’t think they knew- it did have the Dairy Queen logo on it so it’s quite possible they create their own for their recipes. So I did what I usually do when I can’t find what I want- I made some. Yep – I made Peanut Butter Sauce which I would assume is as close to liquid peanut butter as I will get.
It’s SO GOOD on top of ice cream, in the morning oatmeal & so many other things.
Imagine all the goodness of peanut butter all drizzled over your favorite treat.
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients except salt in saucepan
- Heat over medium whisking to combine
- Bring to a simmer - remove from heat once smooth & thoroughly heated
- Whisk in salt
- Let cool to slightly warmer than room temperature before using
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator
- Microwave for a few seconds before using again
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more toppings?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]