Needing more Easy Family Dinner Ideas? Pasta Carbonara, a classic ‘bacon’ spaghetti dish is loaded with cheese which makes a creamy sauce that’s delicious.
I love easy family dinner ideas, which is why I post so many recipes on that topic. It seems that especially in the summer the last thing I want to do is be in the kitchen – but we all still have to eat (preferably together). So I am always working on new recipes to get me in & out of there quick so we can have as much family time as possible. Things like a hearty pasta dish like this pasta carbonara are great because it comes together fast & it fills all these hungry teens easily.
With the hectic schedules of everyday families it’s so important to still try to enjoy dinner together whenever possible. This is becoming less & less easy as my son’s work schedule has him missing so often at dinner time. So the quicker I can get dinner on the table, the easier it is for us all to find those openings in the schedules for that short amount of time & dine together as a family. I miss that time where we eat & laugh & enjoy. So these quick & easy family dinner ideas are what I seek all the time.
I like to pair this with some easy garlic toast to help sop up the remaining sauce on the plate.
The kids can’t get enough, which is great!
Pasta Carbonara : Easy Family Dinner Ideas
- 8 oz spaghetti - uncooked
- 1 pkg bacon - cooked
- 1-1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt pepper, granulated garlic & mined onions to taste
- Grape tomatoes & parsley for garnish
- Start with preparing your bacon as you normally would- either bake or pan fry to crisp
- Allow to cool slightly & then rough chop or crumble into large skillet
- In a large pot bring water to boiling & cook spaghetti to package directions (usually around 11 minutes)
- Add garlic & seasonings to skillet with bacon & heat over low about 2 minutes - stirring frequently
- In a medium bowl combine milk & cornstarch - whisk
- Add milk mixture to skillet with bacon & cook on medium until thickened
- Add Parmesan & cook until melted
- Add cooked pasta to skillet & toss to coat
- Season with salt & pepper & garnish with tomatoes & parsley before serving
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more of our favorite easy family dinner ideas?
General Tso’s Chicken Salad
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
That looks so cheesy and delicious!